Ok so I’m not finished with the headliner but I have it clamped in place.
I kept having trouble with the bows staying up right. The more I looked at other people’s pics I realized the bows are supposed to have washers on the ends. Once I installed those it added just enough tension to keep all but one of the bows up right. The front bow I ended up making a tie wire to hook it the the roof frame and that’s keeping it where it needs to be. I think I got it now! Just need some more heat, stretching and glue to finish up.
Thanks for all the tips guys.
It had a build thread on here a while ago but I’m sure the pics are lost to Photobucket.
I test drove it years ago before this guy bought it. Body was rough and was still an L16/automatic back then... and it was blue.
If I remember right this guy put a ton of work into it but still a lot left to do. Plus I think the white paint is hiding a lot...
Well I spoke too soon, they all fit and hold tension fine when the back is not hooked into the channel but when the back is hooked in the front two bows can’t stay upright. Maybe it needs to be hotter so I can stretch it more...
Thanks Freak, you mentioned tension and there was zero tension in any of the bows, all were loose. I was putting them in the lower holes and they needed to be in the upper holes. All good now! Holding perfectly.