I purchased PhotoBucket's 30Gig storage package last year due to the volume of images I wanted to store. This costs me ~$30/yr. No image losses for me, and it appears that is one way of bypassing the PhotoBucket paywall. They really only shut-off users with "free" accounts. Until I lose my pics, I'm staying.
Alright, here's what going to happen: We're going to be installing a set of custom Daiyama Coilovers. These are one-off parts that a bunch of us MR2 guys commissioned and had made specially to fit these cars. They're set up to be fully adjustable from super stiff, to factory comfort. I'll also be lowering the car by at least 40mm in the process, and since this is not my daily driver and doesn't really need to have ground clearance, I might go even lower!
Oh, and also the wheels are potentially getting painted Bronze instead of the factory Silver. I'll wait on that until after the coilovers are done. So all together, some pretty epic mods that should take this car one step closer to the next level!
Car is getting some much needed upgrades in the shop. I'll post pics as the project commences. Needless to say, my Rambler is taking back seat to this car at the moment. I have lots of money in parts that need to get installed rather than sit in the closet...
That's an unwritten rule, technically the only requirement us 1972 or older... But yes, I've heard stories of gate-guards and more blocking 100% import cars. Other option is buying a spot in the swap meet and claiming you're there to sell American parts and the Datto is your parts-hauler...
Been making a lot of progress on the Marlin. Got the front rotors/spindles done, and just installed the rear axles tonight. Discovered this is the Limited-Slip Differential! Rambler called it the "Twin-Grip". Had fun getting that set up properly... Nothing pic worthy so far, but I should be getting all 4 wheels on this week and I'll grab some pics of it then. These new rear rims are really wide...
Got some teardown completed on the brakes. Front is down to the spindle at this point.
New shocks, pads, rotors, lines, etc... all incoming this week.
The back is a little more involved. Have all the brake hardware removed, going to be pulling axles tomorrow and inspect bearings and then clean and paint the brake-backing plates before re-assembly next week when new shoes, cylinders, shocks, etc... arrive.
I did receive the new rims yesterday. Discovered the front "should" fit (haven't put tires on to double check yet), but the rear rims were just a 1/2 inch past my comfort zone outwards too close to the inner wheel well. So, some creative figuring, and I realized that if I go a size wider, I can gain some more backspacing to hopefully resolve the issue. That means getting the wheels custom made to order, so hopefully they'll be here by the end of May...
Just to stave off your curiousity, here's a stock photo of the rims I've ordered:
Bassett 15x7Front and 15x8 Rear - Steel rims, 22lbs each, Made in the USA! Combine that with some raised letter tires, and we're half way to the stock car look already!
do something with that front end it looks like the original desinger had no imagination in that part (I think it need sqare headlights same stile as the rear ones). The rear of the car looks way cooler.
I'm keeping an eye on this thread, this thing you got has a lot of potential.
Plans with the headlights is to convert the innermost lights to airscoops like on the Ford Thunderbolt. I think I'm going to keep the front end stock for the time being. Kinda defeats the idea of a "stock car" if I start modifying too much. :/