My DD project.......

Well I figured I'd start a project thread for my 620, even though it's my DD it's still a project.

Mod list as of now

Lowered

15" Pathys

50 Series Kumho rubber

Future mods:

Duel side drafts or SU's :D pending UPS delivery :D

Header "still looking"

Cam "still looking"

MSD Blaster 2 coil "Scraped idea"

MSD wires "still looking"

Port and polish Peanut head "waiting on next payday for shipment of a good A87 closed chamber peanut"

New exhaust

Do the body work "in the works"

Paint it

maybe Body drop it

Bags "can't decide on when that should be done"

List could go on.........

FirstTimeToPIR023.jpg

FirstTimeToPIR002.jpg

FirstTimeToPIR001.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

beebani would be the man to talk to about bagging it, as for the msd stuff dont waste your money.. get some iridium or platinum plugs.. good wires.. blue dizzy cap + rotor, and for the head.. if your really going to do a build up you should put the L18 flat top pistons in for more compression with the l20 dished pistons your compression ratio isnt really all that high also get a l16 manifold an maybe bigger valves and stiffer springs any ways just something to think about.. we can talk it over tomorrow, who knows maybe im wrong LOL (been known to happen)

L18 has semi dished pistons, but those are the pistons you want. Flat tops are a bit too much compression for the long stroke of the L20b. Unless you want to run premium fuel all the time in an engine that has less than 100hp.

Even with the semi dished pistons you may find the engine pings under load with low ocatin. Midgrade should fix that issue.

L18 has semi dished pistons, but those are the pistons you want. Flat tops are a bit too much compression for the long stroke of the L20b. Unless you want to run premium fuel all the time in an engine that has less than 100hp.

Even with the semi dished pistons you may find the engine pings under load with low ocatin. Midgrade should fix that issue.

i run premium anyways.. cause if i dont she acts like a little slut cake...

as for schucks.. i hate that place.. tonys and costless 4 me thx lol :P

Bartosh is nice they were the ones I went thru to get my BMW parts. Deffinately knowledgable(<---spelling) guy who works there.

UPDATE: Well the Duel side drafts are no longer a "pending purchase" it's now a pending UPS package delivery :b besides that I might even be buying a Ka powered 620 to drive while I fix my extended cab up the way I want it. Well if the fiancee allows my check book to open that far anyways. Cross your fingers NismoPu mine are :D

A little body work, I got bored and figured I'd start trying to fix my passenger side dent. First I sanded the junkyard door down filling the side molding holes and any other little dents I found then primered. Just waiting on me to get off my ass and go put it on :D

FirstTimeToPIR003.jpg

• Like 1
A little body work, I got bored and figured I'd start trying to fix my passenger side dent. First I sanded the junkyard door down filling the side molding holes and any other little dents I found then primered. Just waiting on me to get off my ass and go put it on :D

FirstTimeToPIR003.jpg

When I first glanced at the picture all I was thinking is that is one hell of a NOS door... then I read your post. It looks good man!

uhh... that KA 620 in Vancouver doesn't even run, right? Or it has some electrical problems. be careful when buying someone else's project that they gave up on and you expect to daily drive it. Consider it another fixer that needs lots of work.

I know everythign that's wrong with it NismoPu and I have been talking, but thanks for look'n out Bleach.

Side note made some more progress today. Out with the old door in with the new, now I REALLY need to cut the f-ed corner of my cab out and put me new one in.

FirstTimeToPIR020.jpg

FirstTimeToPIR021.jpg

Figured the old door panels were a little out dated...................

FirstTimeToPIR018.jpg

So I re-did them...........

FirstTimeToPIR022.jpg

Not to mention added a Little bit of "Ratsun" flare

FirstTimeToPIR024.jpg

Oh and look what a neighbor gave me of his 260z saw me workign on my truck and asked if I wanted them........

FirstTimeToPIR025.jpg