what do I do with this z22????

playsnmud

I have had this z22 and 5speed for about 4 years now, and was think about putting it in the 510 so I would have a little more power and a 5spd. but all I have is the motor (without intake manifold) and trany, would a 200sx wiring,ecu,etc. work on this motor? any good articles?

I found a 200sx and he said it has a 2.0L 8plug motor in so that would have to be a z20 right? now can't I use the rear disk stuff and diff?

HELP ME?????

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny funny kiznook, would that be nice kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I got a 72 4dr 510. Correct me but don't people use the disc and caliper off the 200sx's to do the disc brake onto the 510's,

its an 82. i don't need the front struts/brakes cause i already have 280zx up front. my concern is that icehouse was saying something about the s12 wiring is hard to hook up into dimes than sr/ka.

Here's what you do:

Get a l-series U67 head, take the head off the z22, modify the block to fit the U67 head, and make yourself a LZ22 hybrid. The L head flows WAY better than the Z head, and with the long stroke of the Z22 you get a really touquey engine...there I solved your problem for you.

i thought it was only eight wires to splice the efi on a z engine in to a 510 harnis

yeah, 7 or 8, something like that

LZ hybrid wouldn't be a bad way to go either....I'm pretty sure I'm gonna build a 2.1 longrod. I think it would be fun. I want to use 89mm pistons though. Hmm, after some more thinking, I'll post a seperate thread. stay tuned!

huh LZ22 sound decent, now just how to go about doing it is the question. the wiring is around 7 wire according to this article i read. ok now i am running in circles

thanks kiznook now I got a headache from reading all that information, thats alot of monkeying around to make a LZ22. I think I'm going to just put the z22 in and skip the L part. if I end up wanting more power out of the z22 I would just do a sr or ka. And i thought hondas were hard....:confused:

your goign to use a z headgasket cause the L series biggest bore is 86 same as a z but your going to want to use a 89 mm z24 gasket, am i close to right????

and a U67 head is for of the L20b

you want to use the L16 oil pan and sump

make a different location for the dipstick

not without modification to the gasket, the timing cover shape is different. on the LZ20, It's simple, you just use the l20 gasket.

Maybe I just need to put an open chamber head on my LZ and actually lower my compression. Frankly the dame thing needs rebuilt completely!

but thats on the z20 it said on there that the z22 has 87mm and the z24 has 89mm. i can't use the L20 gasket on a z22 right???

But either way it something I don't feel like doing cause the i would have to gather more parts which = more money sounds like a revvy motor though

the 200sx ECU, and acc requires 6 or 7 wires to hook up, should be easy. datzenmike has all those answers :cool:

staying all Z22 just use a Z22 HG, an LZ requires a few holes in the HG.

nismo 88.5mm HG would also work, they may still be avail...

i sold my Z22 top end stuff already

i had a headache from reading all the info and changed my mine too many times. once i spent some $$$, i stoppped...just a little bit :rolleyes: