Do any other truck pickup boxes fit on the 620 ?

Hello Gang; I am wondering if there are any other pickup truck boxes that will fit onto the 620 datsuns, any make would do ( but hopefully newer) ; my box is hopelessly rusted out and there are none to be found in the junk yards anymore, I just need a box to get by with,or maybe someone still makes repo side skins? I re-skinned mine years ago but I forget who the company was I got them from Thanks ,Kev

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means a different bed, like a ranger bed or S10....correct me if I'm wrong.... to answer the question if that IS it, yes they will fit if the wheel well is positioned correctly, however I HIGHLY doubt that the mounts would be in the same place, so you might have to get creative.... maybe a lincoln installation tool is in order?

Hello Gang; I am wondering if there are any other pickup truck boxes that will fit onto the 620 datsuns, any make would do ( but hopefully newer) ; my box is hopelessly rusted out and there are none to be found in the junk yards anymore, I just need a box to get by with,or maybe someone still makes repo side skins? I re-skinned mine years ago but I forget who the company was I got them from Thanks ,Kev

Where are you?

Thanks for the replies, sorry I was not clear , I mean the box as in the back half of the truck.I know that any 620 box or even 80-86 would fit, but in Calgary Alberta Canada where I live, there is not a single such box available in the scrap yards,I have visited them all, they have all been crushed I guess. I had not seen a decent one here in years , anyways. Even if I could find one,it would probably be rusted to nothing the same as mine, the snow and salt is just too much for them.

Thats why I am trying to find an alternative , fixing mine is probably beyond my abilities,thanks for any ideas ( I'm considering making a wood flatbed if all else fails),Thanks ,Kev

Well, you could locate one south of you, drive the truck down and put it on, then drive back. It'll save you hassle at the border if it is on the truck and not being shipped as parts.

Hey Purple; now that is a great idea, as a matter of fact, I have been agonizing over seeing all the nice DAtsuns on Ebay down in the USA that I dont have access to, and trying to figure out how to get parts...the border thing scares the heck out of me i have no clue what is required to get across. But if having a part actually mounted ON the truck gets me through the border without trouble that would sure be a sweet solution, thanks so much for suggesting it! (As long as its legal of course) Kev