Another New member.

1971Datsupra

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ha ha, :lol: seriously though I would love to post some pictures of my bed modifications but I haven't done anything to it since I first posted. The rack and pinion is from flaming river and is a pinto style and no it's not power. I used an IDIDIT (i did it) steering column GM style, 2 in column drop, it's a 32in. straight column shift paintable. I suggest the 30in universil floor shift (for you 4-5 speed manul) tilt, polished or chrome. I also used a floor mount on the fire wall. If you decide to go this route you will have to do some fire wall modification, as well as some rewiring(blinkers, hazzards, and horn). My column goes through just above where the floor meets the fire wall. The stock location will need to be welded up and mounts for the rack will need to be fabricated. Power steering would be nice since I have a cast iron L6 on the front axel but it was two less hoses to worry about, one less fluid level to check, and more power to the rear wheels. But parking is a mother... Since I used a supra front K member I bolted it in basically, I had to make a few modifications.

Hope this answered you question.

Edited by 1971Datsupra
forgot some info.

Well, i haven't posted on this yet. Datsupra, thats an awesome truck. I still don't understand why everyone kept telling me to use a 4 link suspension since for the last 10 years i have wanted to do an IRS in a truck. But I do kinda understand to, cuz its alot of work to put an IRS in and a 4 link would be easier. I still think an IRS would be the shit though, and theres 2 or 3 trucks on here that have done IRS's, so I guess i'm inbetween on the idea. The truck I wanted to use is gone, but I have another one in the works. Guess I'll see what works out.

Nice truck though.

I am how ever going to use a pinto or mustaing 2 front end on my project.

Tell me if this makes since toy you. I had my driveshaft back in and it still vibrated, the next day I took the u-joint back apart and 180 the drive shaft and put the u-joint back together, now no vibration, it has all new parts. I was least to say excited! First time ever that I could think straight since I've put it together. I still have a few rattles from the solid moter mounts, but nothing like it use to be. now I need to adress those water leaks. anybody know what bolt size/thread pitch those wiper arm rod mount are? I lost mine during the rebuild.

I think I'm going to drive it another month or so and start taking it apart to paint........ I think.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup, My Datsun is still around. 2 moves and getting my associates degree, it's still around. If my Datsun does only one thing, it does it well. RUST. it's all surface rust but still annoying. I have figured out that I'm not good at building gas tanks. Mine leaks in water, and I don't really want to fix it. It's been sitting for a few months now with fresh gas and a new battery but still needs tlc. I will be honest here. I have gotten into building / flying model planes these past 5 years. I put bucket seats in it from an Audi 90, I tried to convince myself that they were comfortable and I would grow to like them but I don't. O will be putting the old bench seat back in soon I hope. I was just thinking about getting her back on the road, I haven't put nearly as many miles as I planned to on it yet. If I get to working on it I'll try to post back here.