Another New member.

1971Datsupra

So this is Great. Finally I'm getting into an active community that likes 521's. I have done extensive work on my 521. I recently did an HID conversion on it. However I don't advise it unless your not afraid of cutting on your baby! I don't have pics of the HID" yet but I'll post them soon.

scan0002.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0014.jpg

scan0038.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

woah woah woah! Howdy-do indeed! Another IRS build (There's a Miata one going on.)!

Super impressed man. Neat way to do the rear frame! I think you will find more appreciation for your truck here than almost anywhere!

Welcome!

Here are som pics of the HID's. I still need to put the lenses back on. I broke one of them taking it out so If some body has or knows somebody that has H4 conversion 5" headlamps made by APC(no longer in buisness) that would be great! Otherwise I'm still tryin to make my own..

Datsun_HID_004.jpg

Datsun_HID_003.jpg

Datsun_HID_002.jpg

Datsun_HID_001-1.jpg[/img]

woah woah woah! Howdy-do indeed! Another IRS build (There's a Miata one going on.)!

Super impressed man. Neat way to do the rear frame! I think you will find more appreciation for your truck here than almost anywhere!

Welcome!

Thanks! I hope to make an impact. I had alot of reasons to build it but one was people were always talkin I'm goin to do this or just wait untill.... When it came to this truck NOBODY thought that it would ever be back in one piece or run on it's own power. Their disbelief pushed me on and then Finally when I was almost done then people gave me the thumbs up. Some where down the road I convinced my Girlfriend to help out. she can do body work pretty well.

During my search for suspension I looked at a Miata, and I said no way! The Supra rearend was simple. Locate the center of the axels and make six (6) mounting points! EASY! I also used the front cradle. Six mounts as well. I give Datsun Two thumbs up for their welding on the front suspension. I counted 14 welds per side. You rip one of those off and your doin something you know better than!

Thanks for the props!

During my search for suspension I looked at a Miata, and I said no way! The Supra rearend was simple. Locate the center of the axels and make six (6) mounting points! EASY! I also used the front cradle. Six mounts as well. I give Datsun Two thumbs up for their welding on the front suspension. I counted 14 welds per side. You rip one of those off and your doin something you know better than!

Thanks for the props!

Nice! So what year Supra is this? I don't know a lot about yota's.

The supra was a 1989. I with you on not knowing much about them. I simply went looking around to see what I could work with that could fit in my budget and abilities. I still want to find out the gear ratio and see if I can find a mini spool or a better diff. I had it out on the track at The Nashville Superspeedway. Yeah that was cool! I could set up,(enter a corner, break straight, then turn.) (Turn then break=Bad!) But I couldn't exit.. When your running down supercharged S2000 and passin BMW only to have them catch you in the twisties just because it does the one wheel wonder coming out of the corner is... very frustrating. The whole time I was sayin to myself (It's a typical truck trend!)

I have a question how much does a "stock" 521 weigh?

I weighed mine it weighs 2520lbs. 1460lbs in the front and 1060lbs out back.

welcome home, and may i add, saaaawwweeeeetttt lookin truck, nice mods, lovin the independant rear axles, motor swap, light conversion, fantastic ride, looks to be that u have a goal or plan set out for it, thats great to see someone else headin in the direction of their plan, did i see a dash swap also, or should i say, cluster swap, very nice:D

I have a question how much does a "stock" 521 weigh?

I weighed mine it weighs 2520lbs. 1460lbs in the front and 1060lbs out back.

I can't find my shop manual at the moment that lists the weight (I am sure someone will be along shortly with the #), but here is the thread about the Miata swap going on. You should compare notes!

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=7592&highlight=miata