What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

31 minutes ago, Angela said:

Drove for over 10 hours in the rain to get this matching tailgate for my 521. It was removed from the truck after being purchased in 1969 & stored under a house ever since.

Score!

Resized_20210211_164508_37343011844346.jpeg

No kidding???? Me too.... but years ago. 6 hour round trip for a 620 tailgate that a woman's father removed from a new '77 to fit a camper. The truck was sold much later but she found the tailgate stored in the attic after her father passed away about 10 years ago.

nZPoPH0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww Mike, that's a beautiful find. Basically same deal here. The guy's father passed away & they were going through his house getting rid of stuff & posted that 521 tailgate on CL. Said it was removed to fit a camper also. Gotta thank those Datsun Gods for finds like those. Unfortunately, due the damage to my hinges from a couple yrs ago from it rolling into a tree, the new tailgate won't line up right without some modifications but I'm stoked to have found it.

• Like 1