Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Ecology in Adelanto Ca. has a "gold":confused: 620 standard Cab...Still all there Body condition was "OK" Had some Custom Rims and the back window was off and in the bed still in very good condition! They just got a white '73 620 in on friday still in the holding yard waiting to be taken out to the wrecking yard....This truck looked very nice and complete and had an Old School Camper Shell(Rounded on top with tinted Bubble? windows on side:)) on it with custom rims as well. One of the workers said he would call me when it went to the yard so I could have first Dibs on it:D Realy interested in the Camper, Fender and Grill:)! I will post when truck is out in yard and give updates.

Pick and Pull in Victorville ca. On Gas Line Rd. had a 620 standard cab...Truck was rough and had been gone thru already:( But, It had a custom Tailgate(Licence plate frame boxed into tailgate"nicely Done" and shaved datsun lettering....) Still intact, Could be used for a very custom 620:D!

Ecology in Adelanto Ca. has a "gold":confused: 620 standard Cab...Still all there Body condition was "OK" Had some Custom Rims and the back window was off and in the bed still in very good condition! They just got a white '73 620 in on friday still in the holding yard waiting to be taken out to the wrecking yard....This truck looked very nice and complete and had an Old School Camper Shell(Rounded on top with tinted Bubble? windows on side:)) on it with custom rims as well. One of the workers said he would call me when it went to the yard so I could have first Dibs on it:D Realy interested in the Camper, Fender and Grill:)! I will post when truck is out in yard and give updates.

Pick and Pull in Victorville ca. On Gas Line Rd. had a 620 standard cab...Truck was rough and had been gone thru already:( But, It had a custom Tailgate(Licence plate frame boxed into tailgate"nicely Done" and shaved datsun lettering....) Still intact, Could be used for a very custom 620:D!

Are all the ecology's book rate for stuff? I went to one in Long Beach and they had set prices for everything...it kind of sucked. At my local yards the guys just give you a figure off the top of your head and you can at least negotiate a little with them.

Mark that would be cool:)! I think I may go back for the back window and tailgate by next weekend:D Dont realy need them but could offer them in the parts section before the truck gets crushed:(.

Matt, Dont know if Ecology prices are all Book rate, They may change per state or county? I did ask about the tailgate and I beleive the cashier said $45(Pick and Pull), Back window $24 and Camper shell $160.(Ecology).

datsun dreamer,did you go to wrecking yard because I am looking for a set of inside and outside window rubber trim I think any help will be appreciatered. THANKS.......:cool:

Alright guy's, I went back to the junkyard today and got me some goodies:D, Pick me up a fender, grill and some mudflaps from a white '73 620:D!

trucks459.jpg

73Dat, I looked at the window trim on the 620 and they looked kinda ruff from wear and tear:( I will keep an eye on EBay, From time to time They will list them:).

Most west coast yards say that too, and always have said it. But some let you roam around.

I live in Maryland and we have a place called Crazy Rays, which is a pull it yourself yard. Other than their 3 or 4 locations the rest are not self-serve.

FWIW, you west coast guys don't know how good you have it. I can't find any 521 or 620 stuff in our yards.

Pick-N-Pull -- Lynnwood, Washington. Today Saturday 5/10 day.

* Has about half-dozen 720 pickups

* Still has the same red ZX that was there four weeks ago

* Today had a Datsun-Nissan (both badges on trunk lid) Sentra

* Datsun 910 station wagon with complete L28

I was at the Albany Or. Pick-A-Part today and saw an untouched, so far, '69 521. L16 engine complete. Interior is complete but not great as was the rest of the truck. Tail lights, fenders, doors and hood all looked good. The hood emblem is missing though. :D

Iwas @pullaprt in tac yesterday and holy crap

I found a 620 in gray primer :smoothed doors-no handle or lock on outside

bed: no hooks,tailgate molded shut no latches

Idid find the hood about 20' away but not until i was the 50th person to step on it:eek:

also couple more 620's one with chrome spoke wheels and decent tires

the 521 was gone though

I was at the Albany Or. Pick-A-Part today and saw an untouched, so far, '69 521. L16 engine complete. Interior is complete but not great as was the rest of the truck. Tail lights, fenders, doors and hood all looked good. The hood emblem is missing though. :D

Looks like I'm going to make a trip to Albany this weekend. :)

Thanks.

-Brian

PM me if you come down. Maybe I can meet you there. I can give you directions if you need.

Anyone else game? Its a good trek. My trip is dependant on the weather. Too hot and I don't think it'll be a good idea to take the 521. I'll let you know.

-Brian

I live in Maryland and we have a place called Crazy Rays, which is a pull it yourself yard. Other than their 3 or 4 locations the rest are not self-serve.

FWIW, you west coast guys don't know how good you have it. I can't find any 521 or 620 stuff in our yards.

I hate Crazy Ray's... they don't hold a candle compared to Pick-a-Part/Pick-n-Pull/etc...

Was at U-Pull-It on Foster Road today looking for non-Datsun parts but thought I'd walk through anyway. 1978 280z; not cherry but pretty complete. No shifter so I couldn't tell if it was 4 or 5 speed. 1978 620 kingcab; missing grille, hood, driver's side fender and most interior. Has 4 speed and L-16 missing V.C. but looks like it hasn't been exposed for long. Also 1986 300zx (if anyone cares); still pretty complete. Get to work!

pap arlington has a couple z's out there. and a assload of D21s. probelm being most are gutted. they are also getting a 620 KC 4x out soon. saw it go into the holding pen yesterday to be processed. hopefully i can get up tehre when it goes out. i ned some stuff off it, oh and its an AC truck to boot.