Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

There is a nice lookin '70 210 at the LKQ in Oceanside. Doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the body and the dash bits look good too from the pics posted. If you're close to the area you should check it out. Too far for me to bother. I wouldn't take anything but the glovebox.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Oceanside-286/recents/

BYy8Zpd.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There’s a 1980 2-door 210 in LKQ Sun Valley. Just dropped yesterday. I forgot to take pictures. Got there when they opened this morning and me some other dude made a beeline for it. He was after the front bumper. I took the taillight sockets and rear side markers. Interior was pretty shredded. Body was in decent shape. All the glass was there.

AAB7F82D-7E07-4AC7-99D2-920F588A0584.jpeg

C6777EDE-654C-45DB-8299-8EE961332648.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by the Arlington pick a pull cut it gut it what ever you call it now? All the full size domestic trucks and vans are gone. Bunch of imports in there? GM and Fords mixed in with imports way out there. The place is a total shit show. I did some walking and found a Buick Roadmaster over in the Dodge area? It does have the parts I need, whoop dee doo. Must be a dyslectic brand guy putting cars in the yard???

• Like 2

partsRus, Orland, CA:

(right off highway 5 in Nor-Cal, about 1 hour south of Redding)

Maybe 3+ 521's, a few 620's (saw a race-themed, extended cab, possibly circle-track 620), didn't look for Z's.

A few bugs & buses, a 50's 2-dr Desoto with the Hemi, 2 20's/30's vehicles, a few Edsels, a few 1950's vehicles. Semi's & a motorhome here & there. Bunch of things.

The "original owner" just passed a few months ago & his daughter & grandson have taken over. 

Parts prices aren't listed and I really felt a "what's it worth to ya" vibe...

It probably won't be open too much longer, all the cool shit is disappearing fellas, get it while you can-

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Justin said:

partsRus, Orland, CA:

(right off highway 5 in Nor-Cal, about 1 hour south of Redding)

Maybe 3+ 521's, a few 620's (saw a race-themed, extended cab, possibly circle-track 620), didn't look for Z's.

A few bugs & buses, a 50's 2-dr Desoto with the Hemi, 2 20's/30's vehicles, a few Edsels, a few 1950's vehicles. Semi's & a motorhome here & there. Bunch of things.

The "original owner" just passed a few months ago & his daughter & grandson have taken over. 

Parts prices aren't listed and I really felt a "what's it worth to ya" vibe...

It probably won't be open too much longer, all the cool shit is disappearing fellas, get it while you can-

If you go back, could you get some pics of the 521's?

• Like 1

Definitely. I don't remember any that had complete grills - 

And I thought I saw a 510 but it turned out to be a Ford Cortina I think.

One of the 521's had the L series still. They are scattered through the yard.

Also, if anyone is into Miata's, they have an entire ROW of those little monsters.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody in or around Ontario, CA that can check out the 1980 round eye 210 for the trunk lid at the LKQ at 700 E 21st Street N? Another user is looking for one. Her handle is witchespellmichelle if you can. It was available 1/9 so it may or may not still be there. I think they keep the cars a little longer out there in the IE than they do here in LA.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.43.59 PM.png

32 minutes ago, colourbox said:

Anybody in or around Ontario, CA that can check out the 1980 round eye 210 for the trunk lid at the LKQ at 700 E 21st Street N? Another user is looking for one. Her handle is witchespellmichelle if you can. It was available 1/9 so it may or may not still be there. I think they keep the cars a little longer out there in the IE than they do here in LA.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.43.59 PM.png

i have a trunk lid off an 81 that had square headlights 

not sure compatibility

silver in color 

not sure when we will be going to LA again 

Edited by Ranman72

You should send her a message if you're willing to ship it. I'm sure she'd love to have it. She's in Washington. Or you can comment on the thread:

https://ratsun.net/topic/78209-are-all-210-sedan-trunk-years-universal/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1700256

Edited by colourbox
  • 2 weeks later...

1980 Datsun 280ZX in Pick n Pull - Arlington, Washington

Still has body, t-tops, blue seats, fenders and doors (bondo, rattle can paint)

No engine, trans, diff, front struts, rear brakes .... I didn't pull that stuff, it was already gone.

I think the drivetrain might have been taken before it entered the yard. The engine compartment is stripped pretty bare. No brake booster or master cylinder.

• 5 weeks later...