Charlie69

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Well it looks like the Ratsun update worked pretty damn good Thank you Ratsun Gurus!

The email notification link didn't work. It said page didn't exist.  I had to find your thread manually.

• Like 1

I am not sure what is available with this Ratsun update.  I know I was notified that you had posted this reply.  This most likely will happen when logged on.

I noticed there are no signatures in our profiles with this update.  But I do know that this update is not completed yet.   I am going to let some time pass before I decide if I like the update

When I logged on this morning I had to reset my pasword.

1966Datsun520PickupRightSide11-1-20.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

I am not sure what is available with this Ratsun update.  I know I was notified that you had posted this reply.  This most likely will happen when logged on.

I noticed there are no signatures in our profiles with this update.  But I do know that this update is not completed yet.   I am going to let some time pass before I decide if I like the update

When I logged on this morning I had to reset my pasword.

Yep, reset password, broken avatar image links, and following email notification link (even when logged in) gets this...

42354256715_526333221c_c.jpg

Upgrades can be a challenge for sure. I can safely say I rarely like upgrades... but mostly because I'm an old dog, and they often require new tricks.

• Like 1

I agree to not liking updates but having been in the computer industry and having done major updates to a community college main frame and to the lab computers for student and faculty use I can be patient and hope that some of this will be fixed in the near future.

I think that with ratsun being down for 2 days they had problems bringing this update online.  I think they brought up the old software while they were working to get the me update working.  I can imagine the amount of PMs and email all of this has generated.

Another reason I can be patient is Ratsun is free and free of adds.  If you have ever been on NICO forum you can appreciate the add free experience.

I believe this update is actually more than an update it is a complete software change and this might be why so many things are differernet or not available.

It could be to get the mail notification setup they have to load the email data base into the new software.  all of this takes a lot of time and learning especially if it is a complete software change.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

I agree to not liking updates but having been in the computer industry and having done major updates to a community college main frame and to the lab computers for student and faculty use I can be patient and hope that some of this will be fixed in the near future.

I think that with ratsun being down for 2 days they had problems bringing this update online.  I think they brought up the old software while they were working to get the me update working.  I can imagine the amount of PMs and email all of this has generated.

Another reason I can be patient is Ratsun is free and free of adds.  If you have ever been on NICO forum you can appreciate the add free experience.

I believe this update is actually more than an update it is a complete software change and this might be why so many things are differernet or not available.

It could be to get the mail notification setup they have to load the email data base into the new software.  all of this takes a lot of time and learning especially if it is a complete software change.

I was in high tech R&D for 3 decades, first as a design engineer, and eventually moving up into senior management overseeing engineering groups around the world.  I do understand the challenges of code changes... and am glad never to have dealt with them directly in production environments (of course, we broke stuff all the time in our test labs... and had the occasional red hot field issue that percolated up as a result of a bad rollout).  

• Like 1

Getting tools loaded to go to JY for the 1980 720 wiring harness and and few other tid bits.  This will alloy me to finish the extending of the wires to do the under hood wire tuck.

I think I am the happiest when I am in a JY busting my knuckles and sweating my ass off getting parts for a build.  Really like the quality of the factory parts, even thought they may be 30+ years old!  LOL

• Like 1

By the way this is not my 520 any more I sold it and all my tools and all my trucks and parts to my brother to protect them from a Gene Knight law suit.  That little Bastard is not getting another thing of mine!

I will continue the build and the build thread so it can be finished.  After the 520 is finished my brother said I would be able to drive it for a year and then he wants to sell it.

I picked up a 1980 720 wiring harness from the junkyard today for $35 and they threw in the coil.  The distributor was gone.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1

Anyone have updated info on board changes? I still can't access this thread from email notices, and I can't find ANY thread I've ever started on this board... actually, I can't find any of the model forums (like 520, 521, etc).  Are they gone?  

• Like 1

I do not know about the email notices, you might PM Redeye he might be able to help.

See the yellow box and text, this is what you should see when you login, see how the "Browse Tab" is hilighted (White as opposed to Gray).  The Browse Tab has 4 selections, Forums, Staff, Online Users, & Leaderboard.

With the "Browse Tab" highlighted and the "Forums" in bold just scroll down and you will see the same forum selections as before.  You can see the General forum section in the image below.

Ratsun_Home_Page_Noted.jpg

Here is a Thread in the "General section that is on the update.  Just click on the Site Updated by the Cheeseburger & Beer Mug, and it should take you to the thread.  This is a good thread to ask questions about features and problems finding features in the new update.  Read through the thread if you have time it might help you.