Charlie69

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I got a big head!  LOL

Thank you for the kind words, means a lot coming from a fab magician like Fast720.

It is set up on a 36" x 42" paper size.  It is actually running on to a second page with the relay drawings at the bottom.  LOL

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

My brother Garret and I went to AZhitman's on Sunday and removed the bed on his 77 620 King Cab. pulled the steering box and column, cut the top of the shock towers and tacked on the Beebani coil over top shock mounts.  His welder was to small to proced.

Next time I will take my welder out so we can hopefully finish the front coil overs and get started on his 4 link.

This Saturday I hope to get back on my 520 and get the the new MOOG lower control arm bushings in and I hope the neww MOOG lower control arms and ball joints come in.  I will have my brother Garret shave the ends of the new contol arms like he did the old ones.  I hope to have the front suspension finished this weekend and the steering finished next week end.  just waiting on a parts order to finish the steering.  All new MOOG parts.

Then it will be make the AC condenser brackets, gas tank, finish all the wiring, and then mount the bucket seats. 

• Like 6

No actual wrenching on my 520 last weekend, but new MOOG LCA & UCA bushings came in on Friday and the MOOG lower control arms came in today.

Dropping off to my brother to customize for the 14" wheels and the Belltech lowered spindles tonight.  Hope to get the front end back together on Saturday.

Jack's alignment did my upper control arm bushings today.  $20 and I will pick up the upper control arms in the morning after I vote.  I am going to do a write in.  Wayno for President.  LOL

No actual wrenching on my 520 last weekend, but new MOOG LCA & UCA bushings came in on Friday and the MOOG lower control arms came in today.

Dropping off to my brother to customize for the 14" wheels and the Belltech lowered spindles tonight.  Hope to get the front end back together on Saturday.

Jack's alignment did my upper control arm bushings today.  $20 and I will pick up the upper control arms in the morning after I vote.  I am going to do a write in.  Wayno for President.  LOL

Don't you dare write my name in there, I would not ever hang out with or associate with people like we have in our Government, if I were to be given the opportunity to meet either Obama or Hilary I would refuse the honor,  I don't even want them to know I exist.

• Like 3

I have all the front suspension parts ready for install just need to touch up the paint on the upper and lower control arms.

I will spray the primer this morning and spray  the black after I get back from recuing a 1976 620 this morning.  I gues I am destinned to own a 620.  all I will need now is a 320 and I will own 1 each of the Datsun 20s series trucks.  Except I own 2 720s and there will be a third soon.

• Like 3

I found out that the reason there was no title is the guy did not own it and he wanted $300 for it.  It is an old farm truck that looked like it was in a demolition derby.

Back to concentrating on my 520.

I have the front suspension parts painted and will work on getting the LCA bushings in the frame.  Next time I will have a front end shop do the control arm bushings.  Some times it is money well spent.

Another pretty part showed up today.

280 ZX Nissan remanufactured alternator.

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02551.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

I hope this lasts as well as the new OEM alternator.

I am hoping to get the lower control arm bushings in on Saturday.

My New knee might have to be redone, I hope to find out if it does on the 29th.  My surgeon told me I could not hurt it so I drove my new knee like I stole it.  Surgeon should have never told me I could not hurt it.  The cement is coming loose on the outside bottom part of the new knee, This cements holds the metal to the bone.

• Like 3

Craiglist Tuscon.  He has had it for a few years and does not have the Z car any more.  I was pleased with $75 shipped.

I check AZ, NM, CO, CA, TX, and NV craigslist about every other day.  I usually get in contact with the Craiglist flakes that never contact you back.  This guy was legit!

• Like 1