New here, 78' 280z - race project

Z_Rac3r

:D one worth telling

welcome to Ratsun :fu:

glad to see another Z owner here. Im originally from norcal so I cruse down into cali at least once a year to see friends and such and wind up anywhere from sac to san diego lol

OR you cruz down to norcal JUST to mow on some IN n Out! :eek::eek:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Megan,

Nice job on the 280. Get yourself some early 240 bumpers and slap them on the car it will look sweet.

Are you going to do the west coast nat's in April?

If so you should sign up for the driving school they have on Saturday. Great day of AutoX. That will help you when you get ready to hit the big track.

Oh and I'll be there helping with driving instruction, You should also check out some of the solo stuff in So Cal. http://www.solo2.com We do AutoX once a month. Great fun in a Z car. And there are quite a few of us Z car nuts that do it every month. And don't forget redline track events at williow springs. I do alot of them as well. Hope to see ya at the tack soon.:cool:

Oh yea Did I mention your a doll. :D:D:D

OR you cruz down to norcal JUST to mow on some IN n Out! :eek::eek:

some of that to lol

:fu: mark my words! I will have a a fresh double double with frys and a coke!

then one of you smart alec mods will be changing my user title to In-N-Out VICTORY!

/threadjack

glad your the type to tackle all the work yourself and learn what you dont know along the way, youl fit right in here :fu: (

i went to msa in 07, i shoulda signed up for the the autox, but the 2500 km drive home if i broke it would kinda suck.

If you make it down this year you can take my car for a lap or two. :D

thanks kindly, but with a kid coming in late june, its def a no go. the wife was stressed enough with me gone almost by myself down there. luckily mr. bleach guided the way down, and i flew solo home. itll be a few years. sorry for the thread jack!!!

Last year I was going to go, and I had originally signed up for the auto X and planned the whole weekend down there. I blew a head gasket a few days before the event :( I work all day, and then go to school afterwards, so it took me a couple weeks to get the Z back up.

You'll see me down there for sure this year. :) AutoX's are a blast.

Last year I was going to go, and I had originally signed up for the auto X and planned the whole weekend down there. I blew a head gasket a few days before the event :( I work all day, and then go to school afterwards, so it took me a couple weeks to get the Z back up.

You'll see me down there for sure this year. :) AutoX's are a blast.

Great look forward to it. :D

Photo020-2.jpg

Its a poor quality pic because it was taken from my cell phone, but it was like perfect angle, weather everything went I went home to check on the puppy at lunch today. So... since the original thread didnt have any real pics of the two tone, here it is.

Its a "satin" finish, flat colors, so its supposed to look like that. Why? Cause its bad ass ;)

Photo020-2.jpg

Its a poor quality pic because it was taken from my cell phone, but it was like perfect angle, weather everything went I went home to check on the puppy at lunch today. So... since the original thread didnt have any real pics of the two tone, here it is.

Its a "satin" finish, flat colors, so its supposed to look like that. Why? Cause its bad ass ;)

WORD.

satin and flat black FTMFW. :fu:

user1265_pic435_1229168001.jpg

Well Meg took a 150 mile trip & came by my house earlier tonight to pick up some free parts I offered to her. f54 block, bearing caps, cam gear sprocket, n/a 280z dizzy, oil pump shaft and oil pump.

We talked Zs for a couple hours and she seems to want to be just as much as a Z freak as myself :) She's got lots to learn, but she's ready to take it in full stride and is eager to learn.

We talked Zs for a couple hours and she seems to want to be just as much as a Z freak as myself :) She's got lots to learn, but she's ready to take it in full stride and is eager to learn.

:fu: well welcome to the family, 99.9% of the time anywhere you go where theres a Z freak,

theres an instant good friend and someone to learn something new from :thumbup:

i hope to see the both of you and all you other socal and norcal heads up for canby and any other shows you can make

I grew up on the air force academy so its probably in my blood to love planes :P I haven't started yet because I have to move to somewhere with a school for it, which is at least 100 miles from here, but I'm going into Aviation Mechanics. Someday I'll learn to fly them as well but, my goal is to get in with one of the companies that the military contracts out to, so I can work on military planes. Id join the airforce in a heartbeat if I could. I've got asthma which disqualifies me from any branch of the military. :mad:

Hehe I got my Ratsun stickers last night. Yesssss

Photo022.jpg

Z1.jpg

The placement is a little weird, but I wasnt going to move the "DATSUN" stickers, and if I just put one Ratsun sticker on the back hatch, not many people would see it.

Sorry the car is so dirty:mellow:

I used to be super conscience of keeping the wheels clean, they polish up so nice. believe it or not, it was only 3 weeks ago they looked like a freaking Mirror. The rain and 300 mile trips to LA and back make it dirty :rolleyes: