Solex door locks in a 510

kiznook

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough I ran into a guy yesterday who was asking about my 1200, he mentions that he had put these round key type locks on his truck... He has the for 45$ a set of three. Drop me a line if you want a set. I will be picking up a set for myself next week. The brand was APC i believe and I mentioned the freezing and he said a blast of WD40 on occasion keeps the water out and from freezing. I am not sure if they look exactly like this.

R3AIP317.11.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Just installed a set of twin cam solex locks. It was fairly straight forward. This write-up should work for most of it. The stock trunk lever has to be reused and modified to fit on the solex lock. It is fairly straightforward. Are these any harder to pick than stock locks?

I remember taking in my 78 f350 to a locksmith because it had no door key when I bought it. He took a blank off the rack and a file to the parking lot. He made a key with a file within 3 min by putting the blank in the tumbler and attempting to turn it, then putting the dirt from the key onto his finger and filing it to the pattern on his finger. Hopefully this at least eliminates that chicanery. But it's not like 510 blanks are very standard issue.

• 2 years later...