Who want's pics?

datman

been going though my old mags to find pics of that truck steroid bought.(posted some in that thread).

So I was wondering if you all wanted to see anymore pics?

I can start with Hot Rod's Pick up and minitrucks. I have 10 or so issues of those.

then can start on some mini truckin issues and truckin.don't have all my old truckin issues anymore seems i kept some that had datsuns and s-10 in them and the rest are gone or in storage somewhere.

so let me know and i'll start scanning any Datsun pics and articles.

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool scans!! I'm glad You added them! You have a few magazines that I don't have! I only have one Ultra Truck issue, but not that one. What month was Your's or are the scans from more than one issue? I do not have the magazine with Wasserman's Wonder in it either. What mag was that one and month please?

Notes:

I have photos of 4 of those trucks from runs I attended. The picture 10 down is the same truck as 14 down. It was owned and built by John Todd and called Blu-by-You. I have a photo of it with the shell in navy blue metallic before the re-do in photo 14 with the graphics.

The same shop that built Wasserman's Wonder ALSO built the Golden Greek and Loabaration Blues. Look closely at the airdams. Al Helurud did all of that fabrication at Vini Bergeman's Kolor Me Kustom shop.

# 15 down is actually orange and not red. It was built by Eric Thorsen, who attends JCCS now in a "goon". Eric has gone on to do interiors for the show Overhaulin'. He told Me that My Datsun SS inspired His idea to somewhat copy My frontend, but welding in a stock front bumper. This is how I might change Wasserman's Wonder in the frontend now. His valve cover was built by Steve Coonan. A pretty rare find now. I have an ad from them.

On Night Stalker, I will be adding the ever popular (during the 70s) sidepipes that a lot of trucks ran to Wasserman's Wonder. I just got them last month off of ebay brand new!!

#9 down was the Mini Vini. Named after K.M.K's Vini Bergeman. It was a SCDP club truck from Fontana.

#3 down was John Bonar's Spank Me, but I have never seen it with just pinstriped flames. When featured in Mini Truck Magazine, the flames were painted, not pinstriped. I love the polished Daisies rims!! Not many guys ran them as they were a pretty high $$ rim back then. Blu-by-You ran them too.

That was the way it was........... these are "later" features as more and more guys were throwing lots of $$$$ into Their trucks. Shortly after these pictures were taken, most guys tore off all of Their fender flares and spoilers and rebuilt Their trucks with airdams and skinny rims. These are classic late 70s views. I wish You guys could've seen all of those trucks!!!

Notice the person's name that did the article??? Steve Coonan. That was the same guy that made those valvecovers. They were sold through the Mini Truck Store in Buena Park years ago.

Cool scans!! I'm glad You added them! You have a few magazines that I don't have! I only have one Ultra Truck issue, but not that one. What month was Your's or are the scans from more than one issue? I do not have the magazine with Wasserman's Wonder in it either. What mag was that one and month please?

The ultra truck issue is Fall 1988 only issue of Ultra Truck I have also.

008-4-1.jpg

the mag with wasserman's wonder is Hot Rods Pickups and Mini-Trucks issue 8 from1980. I have 9 issues of that Mag.

007-2-1.jpg

Notes:

I have photos of 4 of those trucks from runs I attended. The picture 10 down is the same truck as 14 down. It was owned and built by John Todd and called Blu-by-You. I have a photo of it with the shell in navy blue metallic before the re-do in photo 14 with the graphics.

The same shop that built Wasserman's Wonder ALSO built the Golden Greek and Loabaration Blues. Look closely at the airdams. Al Helurud did all of that fabrication at Vini Bergeman's Kolor Me Kustom shop.

# 15 down is actually orange and not red. It was built by Eric Thorsen, who attends JCCS now in a "goon". Eric has gone on to do interiors for the show Overhaulin'. He told Me that My Datsun SS inspired His idea to somewhat copy My frontend, but welding in a stock front bumper. This is how I might change Wasserman's Wonder in the frontend now. His valve cover was built by Steve Coonan. A pretty rare find now. I have an ad from them.

On Night Stalker, I will be adding the ever popular (during the 70s) sidepipes that a lot of trucks ran to Wasserman's Wonder. I just got them last month off of ebay brand new!!

#9 down was the Mini Vini. Named after K.M.K's Vini Bergeman. It was a SCDP club truck from Fontana.?

Cool item on this truck is that it has Gullwing windows. I can scan the complete article but it may not show that great on the edges as the Mag is a square glued spine not stapled. I don't want to break the spine.

#3 down was John Bonar's Spank Me, but I have never seen it with just pinstriped flames. When featured in Mini Truck Magazine, the flames were painted, not pinstriped. I love the polished Daisies rims!! Not many guys ran them as they were a pretty high $$ rim back then. Blu-by-You ran them too.

That was the way it was........... these are "later" features as more and more guys were throwing lots of $$$$ into Their trucks. Shortly after these pictures were taken, most guys tore off all of Their fender flares and spoilers and rebuilt Their trucks with airdams and skinny rims. These are classic late 70s views. I wish You guys could've seen all of those trucks!!!

Edited by datman
Shit, my uncle was telling me that his 620 was a feature truck for a Visor ad. Wish I could remember the name of the visor. He said his truck was orange at the time. Think you got something like that in one of your mags?

if you could find out the year it was i could look.

HMMmmmmmm, I do have that issue of Ultra Truck. I also have Fall 1985 Vol1#2. I'll have to look through it.

The Mini Vini was owned by a member of SCDP: So. Cal. Datsun Pickups. You can see His plaque on the rear view You posted later. It was mounted where the original license plate would be. The California plate was located on the left rear frame rail as I did on Funtana. For the full story on SCDP, search for the thread called "southwest suprize".

Yes, these photos need to added to the gallery section.

I also found Wasserman's Wonder in My P & M T #8 magazine. My memory must be going as I had forgot about it being featured in that one!!

Hey guys. In the truck photo galleries 620 Old Skool section there are some pictures of a truck called "the Vermint". The pictures look like they are from a magazine. Does anybody know what magazine this was in, also, what year and month?

I can't get this truck out of my mind and I'm beginning to think I want to build a 620 in similar style. Thanks. E