Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So your truck is working know?

This all would have never happed if you took your time and got the correct carb.

So I kinda told you you didnt need a new head. Save your money and get GOOD stuff later and build a motor on the side and do it right. It will be better in the long run than piece meal together stuff like your doing. I know I did this also when I was new into 510s. Now I dont even work on them. They dont break!!!!!!

That choke question you called me on? Just put the arm inbetween the hole as the coil heats up it will move the arm atteched the the choke butterfly/plate. But you figured it out!!!!!!!! as I can see.

See waht happens when you do it your self!!!!!!!!!!!You fell like a real man now!!!!!!

Guest DatsuNoob
So your truck is working know?

This all would have never happed if you took your time and got the correct carb.

So I kinda told you you didnt need a new head. Save your money and get GOOD stuff later and build a motor on the side and do it right. It will be better in the long run than piece meal together stuff like your doing. I know I did this also when I was new into 510s. Now I dont even work on them. They dont break!!!!!!

That choke question you called me on? Just put the arm inbetween the hole as the coil heats up it will move the arm atteched the the choke butterfly/plate. But you figured it out!!!!!!!! as I can see.

See waht happens when you do it your self!!!!!!!!!!!You fell like a real man now!!!!!!

Yeah Yeah, figured it out, :rolleyes:but does it compromise one's manhood to ask a seasoned Datsun pro for technical advice? Carburetion has never been my thing, didn't know much about it. All my cars have always been fuel infected, meaning they dont need to be screwed around with all the time, and rarely explode on the freeway. I was more or less bored waiting 2 1/2 hrs for a damn tow truck to haul me and my turd back home, that's why I called. Besides, I am a real man, I work construction, am perfectly comfortable scratching my junk or farting in public, drink beer and consider myself master of the BBQ, I dont hit women (unless they deserve it:D j/k), and have never thought about being a Honda enthusiast. What else is there to mention?

Guest DatsuNoob
Sure it'll work... the divorced T-case 4X4 tranny was the same as the 2WD, except there wasn't a speedo output on most of them. The early ones had a block-off plate. It was the late, married transmissions in the 83-on 720 that were shorter. A LOT shorter.

As long as nOOb doesn't have a '73 620 the '80 tranny is a bolt-in, no mods deal.

Shit, so there's no way to fab something up to know how fast I'm going? I got to thinking about when I was 12, watching Family Matters and remember Urkel's old BMW turd car having a chalk board on the dash so he could scribble out how fast he thought he was going. That would be pretty cool... very Ratsun anyway. What about using a speedo from an old 10 speed bike? I think the speed range is fairly comparable to a near stock 620.

No. Well you could install a transfer case. lol

OR get the tail stock from another 5 spd... that'd work. Maybe one of the ones used on the Z motors. I have a Z20E 5 spd and it looks the same as the L at the rear.

Noob:What about using a speedo from an old 10 speed bike? I think the speed range is fairly comparable to a near stock 620.

............ Ah-ha-ha-ha (nice burn on the L, hanging around Jeff will do that)

tie a rag to the mirror, when it is all the way back your going fast, if your stopped it will be straight down.

:D

dont forget the cops are always happy to write down how fast they say you were going :P

i like to drive past the radar signs posted below the speed limit that displays how fast you going. make 5 or 6 passes at different speeds and adjust accordingly.

Get a GPS and start driving

Thats how I mesure How fast I go in my 510!!!!!!!!!

Since I dont have a Tach either I go by Resonace sound and just remember a best guess speed

DatsunNoob

Somebody told me real men hunt w/o guns!!!!!!! Puma Bowie Knife!!!!!!!!

June 2007 Kipahulu,Maui,Hawaii

Bow hunting with Ted Nugent?

that's not bow hunting, that's bowie knife hunting. Hainz looks the wild bore right in the eye and tackles him to the ground. They wrestle for a little while then he pulls out the knife and starts cutting shit up!

A "Wild Bore"? Isn't that a contradiction?

I suppose I'd better not be boring around Hainz then...

that's not bow hunting, that's bowie knife hunting. Hainz looks the wild bore right in the eye and tackles him to the ground. They wrestle for a little while then he pulls out the knife and starts cutting shit up!

Nah, that's Arnie in Predator.

An' Wild Boar is an oxymoron :D:D:D:D