NB's 720 Build Thread

Unfournately Mr. PoopyPants, I didn't get an actual calculation of compression. Based off of what I've read here and how big the reliefs are in the pistons, I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 9.5:1 to 10.5:1. Although I must admit...I did go too big on the cam to get use of it on the street. But man is it fun when I get it up there. That was just with the 32/36. I have yet to drive it on the latest setup.

Side question...anyone know of any gods at tuning Weber sidedrafts? Willing to travel (within 100ish miles) and provide liquid payment. Actual cash monies if I steal from your jet selection.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 months...time for an update. It runs now and holy hell, this latest setup is killer. I lost my amazing idle sound, but I gained so much more. Making more and more tweaks every day. Decided to learn how to tune it myself so I know more then I need to. Pictures and update again after it visits Canby. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ever since I revived this truck last year, I fought a vibration under load. Im pretty sure I got it narrowed down to the carrier bushing/bearing. I looked down at it and it's got what I think is is weird shape. If someone can confirm or deny this before I replace it. I mean, the bushing is cracked and is bad regardless, but all the replacements I've seen are round and this appears to not be...at least anymore.

In the truck:1466963622955.jpg

Out of the truck:

IMAG0320.jpg

The odd shape:

1466971305249.jpg

My favorite picture of my truck from Canby just for good measure :)

FB_IMG_1465921600209.jpg

• Like 2

When I changed mine it wasn't as out of round as yours is, but the new one I put in was round and it's worked without issue. Motors looking good with those side drafts on there!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

New carrier bearing helps a lot.

Now I've been driving and enjoying the high comp with the weber 45's and I'm fighting a few things. My main thing is after a full throttle pull the truck will rev hang. Lenght of time that it hangs will vary and won't happen every time. I'm fairly lost when it comes to fixing it. F11 tubes, 155 main with a 55 corrector. All balanced and synced as best as I can get them. No vacuum leaks. Idle speed is low (700ish). Any ideas gang? Kind of want it fixed before blue lake, even though it doesn't affect the street-ability of it.

EDIT: I'm a tard. Linkage would hang up on fuel line. Would need to go past 3/4 throttle to get close. Now I just need to go with something NHRA approved for fuel line...

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Following up with the NHRA approved fuel line, I've been shopping fuel lines and fittings and such and I ran across this picture...

gallery_16536_780_50207.jpg

Now I've tried my damndest to try and find those fittings and have failed. If anyone knows where I can find those or at least read the brand, you will help me greatly. I found this image on a UK Pinto page, but this particular setup was built for the same carb setup I have. So I know the fittings I want exist, I can't find them. Maybe my google skills aren't what yours are, maybe I'm just confused. Hell, maybe some of you who work parts counters for a living can help me. Anyways, thank you all!

• Like 1