H190 questions

Icehouse

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nissancustoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=3560

are we looking for a rear for the ka-620?

why not go with a h233b from a pathfinder or 4x4 hardbody, 9+" ring, available LSD and disc brake. only minor modification to install!!

ive got a pathy h233 with lsd and i think 4.62 gears or something like that, i love it, i can turn over 30x9.50 r15s without any trouble, and dont get me started on the sliding :P

In 5th gear:

50 - 2109 rpm

60 - 2531 rpm

70 - 2953 rpm

80 - 3375 rpm

and for your GTR race, you were doing 81mph in 3rd gear at 6000 rpm :D

ooowww nice and low :D

http://www.nissancustoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=3560

are we looking for a rear for the ka-620?

why not go with a h233b from a pathfinder or 4x4 hardbody, 9+" ring, available LSD and disc brake. only minor modification to install!!

ive got a pathy h233 with lsd and i think 4.62 gears or something like that, i love it, i can turn over 30x9.50 r15s without any trouble, and dont get me started on the sliding :P

What is the width on that rear end? I'm sure you could write a article on that rear end alone... So just answer this. how wide? driveline flange the same? What years?

Ice, it is that Pathfinder we looked at. They have 4-links in the back so no it does not have spring perches. They are a little wider than a 620 axel. Same as a Hardbody. Discs slip over the lugs, calipers have built in parking brake like a Z rear caliper. Very large pumpkin. Not an H190 unit. C230?? something like that.

So I need to bring a tape mesure next time :) Shit I will leave the 4 link on and have Beebani weld the 4 link stuff to my 620, run coilovers and have a drift truck hahahaha in the rain it would be. :)

just thought I would go back to the original thought concerning the rear end and gear ratios and speedometer readings...thought you guys would be interested in my sceintific way of determining just how fast i am going with my 4speed tranny backed up to that 89 hardbody rearend...(are you ready for this?) first thing I did was have my wife drive along side of me with our Thunderbird (has a digital speedo) and set it at 60 mph..I drove steady next to her and it was reading close to 70 on my speedo..probably closer to 68 or something....then we stopped and on a deserted road she drove exactly one mile....I traversed the same distance in my truck and my speedo said 1.2 miles..tried the same stretch with my Harley..one mile and my GMC, one mile...so of course I am now convinced that my speedo is almost 10 mph slow. which also means that for every 5 miles I travel I add 1 mile...100 miles actually is 120 miles, etc, etc, etc...so there is my very sceintific way to check it out....whatcha think?....

I use the transmission calculator online and punch in my known tire size and rear gear ratio. My 280ZX's speedometer is actually progressivly gettings slower!!!

I've got the speedo cog in there for a 3.54 rear (and I'm using a 3.54) but my speedo reads as though I'm running about 3.9 to 4.11!!!! I was wondering why I thought I was getting 18mpg. Calculating my actual miles traveled I'm really getting 22mpg

I need a new speedo cluster

yeah, 5/8ths wider than a hardbody, which i think is the same as the 620? you must remove ALL 4-link pieces and weld on your own spring perches. the driveshaft flange is different, so you will need to either find a driveshaft that will bolt in (4x4 HB? 4cyl pathy?) or just weld the new flange on your driveshaft like we did with mine. you MIGHT want to take it to a driveline shop for this, unless you're crazy like we are and use a band saw and mig, with sharpies as a staright edge...where are those pics nismopu?

i have a spare h190 from my HB, but i think nismopu might have claimed it for his 620. if not, and if my 510 isn't done (or his z) we might be able to haul it up to GGs

ya know I reread my post about the speedo thing, and realized that I mistyped it...when the other car is doing 60 mph, my speedo actually reads 50!..I am soooo dumb sometime....oh and earwig, I did try that lookin into the car next to me on the freeway trick!..got me some pretty weird looks...but then again, what would YOU think if you saw some OLD Man driving an equally old truck, lookin inside your car???

.... the driveshaft flange is different, so you will need to either find a driveshaft that will bolt in (4x4 HB? 4cyl pathy?) or just weld the new flange on your driveshaft like we did with mine. you MIGHT want to take it to a driveline shop for this, unless you're crazy like we are and use a band saw and mig, with sharpies as a staright edge...where are those pics nismopu?

I welded a 4X4 pinion flange (after trimming) onto a 2 wheel drive pinion flange. This gives me a larger supply of 2 wd carriers to pick from. I just remove the modified flange and mount on the new rear end.

I had to grind some clearance on the smalled diameter (2wd flange) for the larger diameter (4wd flange) bolt pattern then weld them together between the nuts.

yeah, i would have done something similar (or swapped flanges) if i could were ale to get the pinion flange off. it might sound wierd, but the easiest and only solution was to make a custom driveshaft at 12am.

the funny part of the story, is when i figured out that i needed a pathy shaft. my friend who was helping me suggested craigslist, but i didn't figure it would work (and it was 9pm) but sure enough there was a guy parting out a pathfinder, i offered him $40 if he could meet me right away (asking $20 i think) and his name was.....JESUS. i can say that when i needed my part, i found jesus

heres the first pic of us, "precision measuring"

IMG_0077.jpg

then this is the freshly painted final product after gapping it with .035 welding wire, lol

IMG_0078.jpg

In this pic you can kind of tell its wider because its pushing the leafs out a bit but its a bad angle.

IMG_0075.jpg

Well if a HB rear is wider than mine then a pathy's is deffinately wider by more than an inch. I havent measured kiznooks rear(lol) and compared it to my 620, sorry in these pics I was just showing how much this rear pushes the leafs out. peace.

If I remember right before I found the LSD for my h-190 I measured a 233b from a pathy.. It was something like 3" to 5" wider total than the h-190. If memory serves the wms to wms on the h-190 is around 55"