Portland July 13,14 2007: John Wayland Invitational III

ggzilla

Drag races: Gasoline vs Electric. Watch a Datsun 1200 beat a Camaro.

The NEDRA sanctioned 'Wayland Invitational III' is scheduled for a two day run this year, July 13-14, Friday and Saturday, at Portland International Raceway (PIR). This is going to be one great EVent! As the title suggests, I 'invite' other electric drag racers to come help me beat up a few gas cars :-), but of course, everyone's automatically invited.

040220071852119794.jpg

John's Datsun is featured in Car & Driver, May 2007 issue.

low-12 second Datsun 1200.

Wayland Invitational III

July 13-14, 2007

Portland International Raceway

Portland, Oregon

Racing is Friday evening, July 13 at Portland International Raceway

Saturday, July 13 at 9:00 am is the EV Show and Brunch at the Village Inn

plasmaboyracing.com

The races begin Friday night at 5:30 - 6:00 depending on when PIR opens the gates to the track and run until midnight. Saturday morning we all meet up at the Village Inn restaurant at 10301 NE Stark St. (corner of NE 102nd Ave & Stark St.) for the 'Electric Breakfast' & show & tell car show from 9:00 - 12:00 noon. Afterwards all are welcome to hang with the EV racers at the Wayland EV Juice bar for a bit of crazy wrenching-repairing-prepping of the electrics for Saturday night's racing action...same time, same place (PIR 5:30 at the gates).

The NEDRA sanctioned 'Wayland Invitational III' is scheduled for a two day run this year, July 13-14, Friday and Saturday, at Portland International Raceway (PIR). This is going to be one great EVent! As the title suggests, I 'invite' other electric drag racers to come help me beat up a few gas cars :-), but of course, everyone's automatically invited...

This July folks in the Pacific NW will be treated to the world's quickest accelerating street legal electric sedan [A Datsun 1200!] 'and' the world's quickest accelerating electric motorcycle [see April issue of Hot Rod magazine] ....both at the track together!...

...the May issue of Car and Driver right around the corner featuring Rod Wilde and his Gone Postal, Father Time and his drag bike, Otmar and his 914 Porsche, and their own Ted West with White Zombie [another Datsun 1200!], there's enough press circulating to get folks pumped up about seeing some seriously fast EVs at the track! I can hardly wait to watch stunned race fans salivate over an electric vehicle scorching down the track in 8 seconds!

In addition to Bill's machine, there's going to be other really quick EVs, plus lots of street EVs on display as well. The traditional 'Electric Breakfast' will happen on Saturday, which includes the EV show & shine EVent at the Village Inn restaurant...

2007 marks the 10 year anniversary of NEDRA, and I'm pulling out all the stops for this EVent! If anyone wants to have a fun two day vacation, this is one you might want to book a flight into Portland for.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic