Freaky's new 411

LeDevil

Dam, that picture of the Olds towing it shows just how small that car is!!! Congrats on the awesome score btw.... and since everyone else has asked, I guess I will too..what's in the trunk??? lol j/k
post 41

yea i dont like the single axle iam keeping my eyes open for a another axle from like a mobile home.:lol:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first off i have to say thanks to Ledevil for comming up and helping out.So when he got here we opened the trunk ,and sad ,but happy to say we didnt find anything that didnt belong.all the stock stuff was in their tire,jack,and the little cloth nissan bag.So the clutch and brakes aare froze up and i will be working on that for awhile.

th_datsun411003-3.jpg

ooohhh yea did i say all this for 300:lol::eek::fu::lol:

Do you still have the 2 yellow stamped steel wheel chocks? They were clipped to the floor boards at the foot of the bumper jack with a spring loaded "cap". A most useful accessory if you have to change a flat tire. The early black cloth bag is a pure bonus, the jack handle and tire iron go inside.

Do you still have the 2 yellow stamped steel wheel chocks? They were clipped to the floor boards at the foot of the bumper jack with a spring loaded "cap". A most useful accessory if you have to change a flat tire. The early black cloth bag is a pure bonus, the jack handle and tire iron go inside.

no those were gone ,but i have e few of them that i will add when it all goes back together.and the bag is shot it feels like it going to desenigrate as soon as it drys out. It had all the tools in it. OOOOh thats what thes spring loaded "cap"is for. can anyone post a pic of the drivers side engine bay i want too see the fender shape mines a little tweaked and iam not sure if theirs a hump or if its a wrinkle in the metal. if work dont call bye 9 iam going to start up on the cleaning. :lol::lol:

no those were gone ,but i have e few of them that i will add when it all goes back together.and the bag is shot it feels like it going to desenigrate as soon as it drys out. It had all the tools in it. OOOOh thats what thes spring loaded "cap"is for. can anyone post a pic of the drivers side engine bay i want too see the fender shape mines a little tweaked and iam not sure if theirs a hump or if its a wrinkle in the metal. if work dont call bye 9 iam going to start up on the cleaning. :lol::lol:

A picture of mine would not help. I have an RL411 with the big hole for the thru the fender liner exhaust down pipe for the 1600 type R engine, probably just where you are questioning the shape. I'm sure some PL411 owner will come up with the picture you need.

so the brakes M/C is frozen.I was wondering if i could use a 510 M/C.I know that the 411 is a single res and the 510 is a dual res ,my idea is to block the rear output on the dist. block, extend the rear line to the 510 res and make a new line for the front to the res.i would use the 411 plunger(bar off of petal)in to the 510 res. to me it sounds like it sound like it would work.also wouldnt this increase the brakeing power?? also was thinking of using a 510 clutch M/C. Ant input would be great. Or would i be better off using the M/C,s off a 66 320.Thanks all

Edited by freaky510
so the brakes M/C is frozen.I was wondering if i could use a 510 M/C.I know that the 411 is a single res and the 510 is a dual res ,my idea is to block the rear output on the dist. block, extend the rear line to the 510 res and make a new line for the front to the res.i would use the 411 plunger(bar off of petal)in to the 510 res. to me it sounds like it sound like it would work.also wouldnt this increase the brakeing power?? also was thinking of using a 510 clutch M/C. Ant input would be great. Or would i be better off using the M/C,s off a 66 nl320.Thanks all

The single resevoir master cylinder is still available from Nissan dealers. It is used among other things for converting 510s from Weber to SU carburettors [for spacing reasons, the SU air cleaner interferes with the front reservoir]. Don't cludge the dual cylinder unit. The 411 has the right front to back brake "manifold" on the firewall. P.S. if it has sat that long, check the brake light switch on top of the brake line "manifold". It may be leaking by now. Good luck!

no leaks i the system at all the reson i am asking is have a few M/c,s laying around and a little short on cash right now.I been layed off since dec 19 and i wanted to get it stopping lol. what is the part number on that my local nissan dealer wont do any leg work i have to call with the #.Thanks

In the shed? is this a magical shed? I want a subie LSD!And I could really go for a brake master for my dime when im in the area ill bring it up. well really mine just needs a good cleaning and a rebuild, but i want to switch to single reservoir so i can run the long cannon intake...

You're already on EarlyDatsunClub, but I'll repeat some info here.

You have an after April 1966 (tail lights are the primary spotting feature) PL411 with J13 (1300cc) engine and all-drum brakes (15/16-inch wheel cylinders).

Like others have said, lots of items shared with 520/521 and a few roadster (SPL311) making replacement of some parts easy. OTOH, I figure less than 10,000 410/411's were imported into the USA between 1965-68, so figure how many are still around today making finding other parts a bitch. Most of the rubber/weatherstripping items will have to be substituted.

As for the Chrome on the side it's coming off I don't like it anyway.

You should be able to trade/sell, so don't toss any chrome.

Also i have a 1300cc motor what would this be is it a A,U,or an R.I know its not a L :eek:.

J...J13 to be exact.

also has anyone swapped in a L motor or know of a link on it

Mine has an L20b in it, but it's a mickey mouse PO job. They torched off the J13 motor mounts and funk-welded angle iron mounts for the L. Angle is wrong so tranny is tilted, which is stressing the tranny mount to the near breaking point. They sawzalled the front crossmember to clear the L oil pan, then funk-welded 1/4-inch (1/2-inch?) plate later. Planning on redoing all of that. Pics in my PhotoBucket:

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ppeters914/1966%20L20B%20PL411/

nice 411!! As for now iam going to run the 1300 i seams to run just fine:). Have started it about every other day just pull the choke and hit the gas 1 time and it starts. Right now iam working on brakes and clutch,got a new brake M/C and found a clutch one too.So now i need to work down the line.I know the cluth slave is shot and I thinking about having a local company redo the shoes and turn the drums. As for the wheel cylinders iam tring to find new ones.In the mean time i have stripped all the sound deadner and intior have found a few more rust spots 1 than needs fab work but the rest it cut and replace. will take some pics later.

Oh, the pics look a whole lot better than the actual vehicle.

Should be able to get wheel cylinders on eBay from seller soldonline-northbay. I've bought a number of items...no issues.Lmao thats who i am getting my parts from

I'm jealous...you have a running vehicle.

whats up with yours

Also are the rear wheel clys the same as a 510??

i was asking because that ebay store has these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-411-Rear-RL-Wheel-Cylinder-66-67-201336_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33571QQihZ010QQitemZ200236941987QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

and in the notes it say fit a 510 so i have a 510 rear end layin around (slodat never picked it up :lol:)and to save some time and money i was going to use them they look the same but i have read about the sizes make a diffrence just like a woman lol thank god mines happy :eek::lol:

i was asking because that ebay store has these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-411-Rear-RL-Wheel-Cylinder-66-67-201336_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33571QQihZ010QQitemZ200236941987QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

and in the notes it say fit a 510 so i have a 510 rear end layin around (slodat never picked it up :lol:)and to save some time and money i was going to use them they look the same but i have read about the sizes make a diffrence just like a woman lol thank god mines happy :eek::lol:

If you look at that ad closely, it says RL411 and 11/16-inch. The 510 and RL411 have front discs.

Will it work? Probably. Will it work right? Dunno how much the brake bias will change from front to back with mismatched wheel cylinders. Brakes are not an area I recommend experimenting with nor going cheap on.

i also should have stated mine do not have a size on them thus the reason for all the questions.

"iIf you look at that ad closely, it says RL411 and 11/16-inch. The 510 and RL411 have front discs."

have drums all the way around no disc up front

...which is why I stated farther up the page that all-drum 410/411's are PL models that use 15/16-inch wheel cylinders.

so the front brakes where just eatting at me.So i tore down a side this morning,I couldn't sleep. And I wanted you all to know iam working on it. I hope to drive it to blue lake and canby.And if I get it done in time i might drive to Bosie for my bro's wedding poor sucker lol.Iam going to try to find some new everything lol for the steering

datsun411002-2.jpg

datsun411004-2.jpg

datsun411007-2.jpg

datsun411020-2.jpg

more pics on photobucket page. HHHHMMMM dics swap????? looks like a job mike :lol:

The front brakes where just eating at me, so i tore down a side this morning,I couldn't sleep.

Damn. Now I'm wondering what I'll find under my drums. :eek:

A disc conversion would be ideal, but you'll need to find a donor RL411 for the parts....and hope they're not in just as bad condition.

Gotta love TWO wheel cylinders per front wheel.......NOT!!! :fu: