MIG Welder question

I just recently purchased a used Mig from craigslist that I will use for bodywork. I tested it last weekend and here's the situation. The welder has 4 heat range settings, the first 2 work fine and 3 & 4 nothing. I opened it up to check for anything obvious, but couldnt find anything. The switch looks fine. Is there some sort of fuse that works for the 2 higher settings?

Oh, and the guy I bought it from said it all worked fine before he listed for sale:blink:

Its a Powermate Professional Tote Mig 117-027

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats just it, i would call the man. and check. they would know whats going on or point you in the right direction.

BTW, if its a non -gas i highly suggest you dont try it on sheet metal..it'll just end up warping the piss out of your body.

Check the man if its a newer one then there still might be a warrenty just dont tell them you bought it used...... and if its flux you can still use it for body work but you have to work slow and with a spray bottle it cool it down iv done a lot of body work with mine and its came out fine just a little more clean up