floor board replacement?

chebetio510

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you need steel, just as the original Datsun sheet metal is made of steel. I believe the floor panel is slightly thicker than the Datsun hood thickness... I did not use a Datsun hood, but a hood off an american car. It was probably thicker than it needed to be.

You need replacment steel sheet that is as thick as the original Datsun floor. Yes, it will hold up, your original probably was good for 20-30 years ... the floor panels have curves in them for strenght, they are not just a flat piece of sheet.

is that a good email.?

these he have a basic webpage with photos? He used to as I seen photos of them before.

It kept on changing way back when.

Mine are shot but not going to fix them so Im not going to respone to him.

But lots of people looking for them.

I cant believe a place in taiwan hasnt made pans for these yet, Like year One making all those General Motors stuff. They even make camero bodies!

• 2 months later...
Here are some photos of Mark's floor pans (posted on datsun510.com by Carterb)

159P1010157.JPG

159P1010155.JPG

Is there a way to get the exact dimensions of those floor pans? I've got a bead roller and a small sheet-metal brake; I'm sure I could make a few of those pretty easily. Do you know how much they were going for when they were for sale?

It's funny, I was just up a buddies shop making some pans for another project and I was telling him I should make some for dimes, but then I was thinking "this is ratsun, everybody just makes their own stuff",:D. I had no idea there was so much interest. I don't like to step on other peoples toes, so I'd like to see how this pans out (no pun intended,:lol:) from this other guy before I say "hey we can make those for you guys, :)". He was here first.

That's the same e-mail I used to contact him. I put a blurb in the parts wanted section at Dime Quarterly looking for his e-mail and of the two or three e-mail addreses people sent me that was the only legitimate one.

I thought about posting in this thread a while back, but I thought the discussion was over. Guess not:rolleyes:

I like his pans, they are a good solid product that saved me some time and hassle.

Edited by blue72

GUys,

Mark Grimsley has been making them for about 10 years now. His is an avid 510 fan and owns several nice 510s. He is a busy guy and does not get to his email everyday. Be patient. The floorboards are high quality.

There was an article in Nissan * Datsun * Infiniti * Sport magazine

about them in the fall 2008 * Issue #9 It is on page 77.

I got the following info from that article.

Front Floor Pan = $85 each or $150 for the pair

Rear Floor Pan = $65 each or $105 for the pair

His email is rediron07@comcast.net

and his number is 703-490-2032

• Like 1
GUys,

Mark Grimsley has been making them for about 10 years now. His is an avid 510 fan and owns several nice 510s. He is a busy guy and does not get to his email everyday. Be patient. The floorboards are high quality.

There was an article in Nissan * Datsun * Infiniti * Sport magazine

about them in the fall 2008 * Issue #9 It is on page 77.

I got the following info from that article.

Front Floor Pan = $85 each or $150 for the pair

Rear Floor Pan = $65 each or $105 for the pair

His email is rediron07@comcast.net

and his number is 703-490-2032

Super!! Thanks!