MegaSquirt into a ka 620

Icehouse

I am going to order the MSII with a v3.0 circuit board. When I was at Cookapoop's house he was showing me the engine room board. Can and should I get one of those? Will it work with EDIS? I'm going to go read some more :)

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_nissan_240sx.htm

I'm going here to order it :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

diyautotune is THE place to get it. He really supports the community, writes articles on Nissan related stuff. He's a great guy.

The relay board is the way to go, I think. I have one. It makes the wiring dead easy. I mean I can't figure out how someone could fuck up a MS install with a relay board.

It will work with ANY ignition option MS uses.

Like I said, I have a relay board. I like it. Mine is mounted inside the car to keep the engine bay clean.

I'm down to help you Iceman. Just say the word!

Well it cost me 403.16 bucks but I ordered it :D he said he will be mailing it out tomorrow. I can hardly wait :) get my EDIS on a roll. I got a turbo behind my seat to put on when the time comes ;)

I've been reading up on EDIS, great system in my opinion.

So Steve when you installed it did your pickup wheel did you locate where you wanted the pickup first then count back 9 teath and press it on? When the engine is at tdc on number 1?

I've been reading up on EDIS, great system in my opinion.

So Steve when you installed it did your pickup wheel did you locate where you wanted the pickup first then count back 9 teath and press it on? When the engine is at tdc on number 1?

Here's how I did it:

• Get the trigger wheel fitted on the crank pulley so you can make the VR sensor bracket
  • Make the VR sensor bracket. It needs to be VERY rigid.
  • Get the engine to TDC on #1. I recommend using a positive piston stop to ensure exact TDC.
  • The missing tooth is 9 teeth before the tooth the VR sensor is pointing at. Center the VR over that tooth. Mark this position on the pulley
  • Permanently mount the trigger wheel to the crank pulley aligned with mark.

Works great!

I dropped the ecu and relay board at naz's for some soldering. He has this weird wireless card we are going to try and hook up. He could explain it better, all I know is it would be sick if my MS has a antenna sticking out of it.

Well finished up Jeff's relay board in 20 minutes... now I'm onto the main board. But time for sleep, hopefully tomorrow it will be all done. Then this next week we can try and make the serial to wireless adapter work with the megasquirt v3 and Jeff can start having fun putting it into his 620.

Glad you got the relay board Iceman! It makes everything easy! I swear, I have a datto friend that just can't seem to understand where to spend the $$ and where to be cheap. When it comes to MS, spend the extra couple bucks on MSII v3 with a relay board!!!

Do you have a stimulator? You really need one for assembly/testing the board.

I was going to ask you about that :) This weekend me my bro and Holly are going down to Beebani's to get the 521 frame. I was wondering on the way through if I could stop by and barrow you simulator board? O I could pick up my straps too.

Really, what was the 0x0 on? One of your supercharged cars.

I called the dude I order my megasquirt from to ask him about it. He laughed and said besides the funny name that is usually what people use to talk it down. I guess one of the megasquirt dudes challenged anyone to tune there car with megasquirt then swap to another ecu and see if they can make any more power. I guess no one did it. He said the only thing different about MS is they don't have 300,000 dollars for advertising.

My theory is if 12x12 was to small they would just program a few more in.

Really, what was the 0x0 on? One of your supercharged cars.

My theory is if 12x12 was to small they would just program a few more in.

The 0x0 was a carb - no fuel map at all. Just a damn leak with a pedal attached.

I agree if MS needs something, the community providith!

• 2 weeks later...