Ethans Buns - RIS (the lost boy)

]2eDeYe

So the thread on rides you miss the most got me thinkin about one that wasn't even mine.

link to said thread...

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=109919#post109919

This was Ryan in Seattle [(now in San Diego)last I heard]'s not a pre-runner 620. I think it was a 73...one of the other guys might know the year.

next to mine when they were both in one peice...

ryanredeye.jpg

Last I saw it...specs were; Autosport built L20, Canon intake, Weber 45, header, biggish cam, VW aluminum radiator, cranked torsions on BFG 30" A/T's.

I got some more pic's I need to dig up. I know some other the other guys got pic's, maybe they'll post them up. Here's what I found with a quick search on my HD's :D

HPIM0588.jpg

enginewide.jpg

dizzycover.jpg

fan.jpg

nismo.jpg

radabove.jpg

radside.jpg

ryanparked.jpg

ryans-motor2.jpg

The bastard his self :fu:

ryan1.jpg

Maybe he'll read this and ditch the volvo...at least that's what heard he was driving last :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve the last time I heard from Ryan he had just parted out his 620 & was "done" dealing with Datsun's :( He was fun to hang out with the few times we did. And the year we went to JCCS was a blast & he really had fun showing his truck. Funny story there...he sprayed "pledge" furniture polish on the entire truck to give it a semi gloss look :lol: I have a few pics of him & the truck...enjoy...

Ryan talking w/ Hideki kwon from Truck trends mag [Japan]

P1010053-1.jpg

tryin to look kool...

P1010149.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010147-1.jpg

my 620 & his all "shiny"...haha

P1010147-1.jpg

& him trying to drive up a hill behind the gas station...:lol:

P1010160.jpg

I have more pix which ill post later..

that sucks but i'm hopin he'll get back into it. his g/f was very supportive too.

i remember our first potd shown shine out at my place. he let me take it for a spin out on the back 80.it was cramped but smooth/quik accelleration. i think he was cleaning his shorts afterwards.few of the corners were fun.

Steve the last time I heard from Ryan he had just parted out his 620 & was "done" dealing with Datsun's

I have more pix which ill post later..

You don't 'deal' with Datsuns they deal with you :lol:

Can't wait to see them, I gotta dig into the laptop to get some more :)

Ryan's truck was a '73 that was originally yellow, then red, then multicolor. I still have the gas door off it on my 4X4. He had put a louvered one on his for Canby, my gas door wouldn't stay closed becuase the spring was gone, kept opening every time I hit the brakes, so he handed me his old one.

Funny thing is Doug...i asked Ryan if he would sell me the louvered gas door..Ummm no way was his response :lol: Love how he rolled to Canby with the 620 all muddy & he still won an award :cool: Ok a few more of .....

R.I.S.[D].....

helping me do my EI swap on the 620...

2-13EDist4.jpg

showing me his "busted" piston...& Bleach looking kool

5-3KevinRyan.jpg

time for a mint...

2-13EDist2.jpg

Gotta dig for a few more i know i have. wierd thing is the last 4 times i called him he didnt get back to me..hope he's ok.

It's a small datsun world, Ryans engine lives on in my 75 620. When i pulled the engine he was living in Point Loma and installing hvac ducting as i remember. I know he built a strong engine as my 620 pulls very strong.

Rex

Zrex..i remember Ryan telling me he sold the engine to a guy in east county. Did you get the carb/intake also? The last dat he was at my house he told me his clutch was slipping & he needed a new clutch disk but was broke. I called Kragen,they had one & i offered to pay for it & help him install it @ my house. He said naw & took off. Last time i saw him.