Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to find that niche that either a shop is given up on or create a simple item that's quick and easy to make that we don't know we need yet.

I make parts foe Boeing that take sometimes less then a minute to make but probably cost them$10 each, the other day we had an order for just over 400 of them all requiring one op after the extrusion was sawn to length. (About 6") three vises and no spot drill got the times to under a minute for three parts $$$

Thank god I was not on the mill that day.

I bet it is, a lot of stress relieved when that much material gets removed. We have that problem a lot because we start with a casting full of carbon arcing and hard spots....and sand.....and cracks....and more sand....and more carbon arcing.....and then maybe some clean material, did I mention the sand?

I bet you could beat the hell out of somebody with those.

They look damn good too!

The Singapore police dept bought progressive sets to train their officers with, I bet they'd know how good they are for whoopass :) glad youklike the look of them.

• 1 year later...

A part that I designed for work. This is a manifold for a zero point clamp. 

Disclaimer: I did not machine these :lol:

IMG_8886.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

IMG_8882.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

Maybe I can post some pics of the completed tool when we get to that point. There are some rather large machined parts for the overall tool. 

• Like 2