Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what boys!!!! Got it all working! CNC too! So much work to sort everything out. I'm still not quite done. Z scale is still missing some pieces that I need to order along with a screen I ordered to replace the burnt out one. I did figure out how to hook up a standard computer monitor up instead of ordering the "universal" kit off ebay for 450$$ Since I figured out how to hook up a standard computer monitor I found one that fits the frame on amazon for 65 shipped. The phase converter was super cheap to. 53 bucks shipped and made in the USA!  

I tuned it up as best as I could.  I was surprised the table was in such good shape.  4 tens across the full X axis!!!  Everything was well in spec.  I think the repair guy kept up on it.  

Here are some pics 

A before shot

IMG_4349%2B%281%29.JPG

After Notice the light.  The entire machine was that coated with nasty oil.  At least 120 hours in cleaning it!!!!  

image1.jpeg

Fixing the monitor  Had to add a DB15 connector for a standard computer monitor.  Since they used a ribbon cable I had to figure out how to hook up the DB15 connector to it.  Seemed like the best solution.  I just left the CRT board in place using it as an adapter.  

image3.jpeg

Fancy colored wire from the recycle bin at work.   

image5.jpeg

And it work!  

image6.jpeg

Been cleaning up and fixing the shop.  Re did the panel, ripped the sheetrock off the walls added plugs, air and fixed the insulation.  Use plywood instead of sheetrock, items can be hung anywhere now :)  Also put in an EV charger next to the sand blast cabinet :)  

image2.jpeg

• Like 7

Been cleaning up and fixing the shop.  Re did the panel, ripped the sheetrock off the walls added plugs, air and fixed the insulation.  Use plywood instead of sheetrock, items can be hung anywhere now :)  Also put in an EV charger next to the sand blast cabinet :)

image2.jpeg

Awesome is right, Mike. I think Jeff just became my new best friend! 

• Like 2

I don't have the room or the proper power in my garage.

I can tell you from personal experience......you don't need one the size of Jeff's to make the vast majority of parts you can think up.  I thought that about my 9x20 cnc lathe when I got it.......but it's paid for itself several times over now making nothing bigger than 2" in diameter. lol  Look up NYCCNC and John Grimso on youtube......they both started with tiny mills and made enough product to move up to bigger machines.  Anyway......not to sound too corny, but your only limit is your thoughts.  If it's truly something you have a deep desire to do, you'll find a way.  Anything is possible. :)

• Like 2

Awesome is right, Mike. I think Jeff just became my new best friend! 

I see how you are......dropped me like a hot potato as soon as someone closer gets a mill........

lol....I'm guessing that's not the first or last time Jeff's heard that!  :)

• Like 1

I don't have to room for another tool box, I barely have too for the one I have :lol: just too much shit to be able to get a machine in my garage.

I'm a machinist by trade so I get my fill, I just would like to be able to make my own stuff.

• Like 2

I don't have to room for another tool box, I barely have too for the one I have :lol: just too much shit to be able to get a machine in my garage.

I'm a machinist by trade so I get my fill, I just would like to be able to make my own stuff.

Ah...I forgot about that!    I put mine right in the middle of the shop.....means I can't pull a car in anymore.......and I really don't like working in the driveway!!  Oh well.

I see how you are......dropped me like a hot potato as soon as someone closer gets a mill........

lol....I'm guessing that's not the first or last time Jeff's heard that!  :)

Pete I don't work on 411's :)   

Looks like we're still good, Mike.

• Like 1