Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have very old OKK's and Cleveland Manual stuff here. I am the lone CNC guy they just hired to bring the company into the future, but they bought this 1998 VF4????? It was here 6 months before they brought me on.

Im working on the owners to budget for an Okuma 6 AXIS mill turn system as our next machine. They bought a mill when they needed a lathe :geek:

• 2 weeks later...

I love how I can use waveform roughing on my little mill and it really speeds up production time...

So infatuated with this tech. 

.750 3-FLT End Mill

5500-RPM

50-IPM FR

1.0" ADC

.075" RDC

Part that usually takes 38 minutes using legacy style cutting is now 22.5 minutes using waveform. Cant say enough about this!!

This style of milling was originated for slower output machines, but the tech didn't hurt high speed machinery either.

I think EdgeCam pioneered the tech or was the first CAM Software to offer it. I use both HSM and EC. I will say I like EC's version better. It provides way more options of control on the CAM interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you guys have a good resource for a "how to tune up my mill?"  I would like to adjust the ways and mack sure everything is adjusted as well as it can be.  I should have it all cleaned up and be able to start adjusting things in the next day or two.   Here is a pic of her.  

photo%2B%287%29.JPG

• Like 4