Rims...post what you have & had

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, Rat-a-tat-Dat said:

Pardon me for highjacking this thread, just a quick question... anyone know what this rim is called or where it came from? Protrusions in bold type include '15x8J', '54692', 'DOT-T', 'MAX. LOAD' '2200 lbs', 'MC VIA', 'PCD' and some other compressionary stamped numbers. Possibly a manufacturing date 13 12 79 located on the rims outer lip surface. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

IMG-0637.jpg

They look like SixSperms, made by Scrotum Wheel

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, MikeRL411 said:

Bork

Used to be known as "Lace Mags".

• 1 year later...

Thought I would post some sacrilege

rims-and-blocks.jpg 

2016 - 2019 Toyota Tacoma rims.  16x8 25 ET on a '79.  I think they tuck pretty good.  Loaded the bed with firewood and it's close but no rub.

wheels-front.jpg

wheels-rear.jpg

it'll look a little better when I get the front lowered... but it's a slow build ;-}

• Like 1
On 10/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, z32chick said:

These came with my 620.  I haven't found much about them online besides they're vintage Lodio Drive wheels.. I'm stoked to get some rubber on 'em and see how they look!

4LrM88o.jpg

zodsQcX.jpg

Looks like you have a set of “Garce’s” I have the Lodio Drive Try’s. Lodio drive is the 6-lug division of SSR

43DACB66-3733-4E24-9A98-0E77E320C4DB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

trucktires.thumb.jpg.e47044020adf9587c9b07bb3597f4f96.jpg

So, I had to buy different rims to slip over my new disc brakes.  I found some on FB Marketplace for $60 for the whole set.  They're 16x7.  They came with these massive tires (265/70/16) and I love the way it looks.  Unfortunately, as any dingaling could figure out, the fronts rub with sharp turns.  I haven't tested how sharp a turn needs to be to rub it, but I had the truck jacked up and turned the wheel and it hits, alright.

Which leads me to wonder, what is the largest diameter I can run without rubbing?  Could I just get thinner tires with a larger ratio and make it work?  Something like a 215/85/16?  Probably not.  But, I don't know.  They're Toyota wheels and they say 16x7JJ   15.  I think that 15 might be an offset?  Damn I know nothing about wheels or tires.  I any of you guys know, I'd appreciate any help.

Stock diameter is like 26". Those are over 30.5" making your 4.375 axle ratio 3.71..... a real performance killer. 10.5" wide don't help either. A 205/55R17 is 8" wide and about 26" tall. Eight inch is pretty damn wide. Corrects your performance and speedometer error. Sell the old tires.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Stock diameter is like 26". Those are over 30.5" making your 4.375 axle ratio 3.71..... a real performance killer. 10.5" wide don't help either. A 205/55R17 is 8" wide and about 26" tall. Eight inch is pretty damn wide. Corrects your performance and speedometer error. Sell the old tires.

Yeah.  I was thinking about that.  While I do have an engine that can push those big wheels, it's not really worth designing a vehicle around the tires.  I was playing around on Discount Tire's wheel calculator and it looks like I could put 215/65/16s on there and it would be 27" total diameter and a width of 8.46".  And according to other parts of the internet, 215s will fit a 7" rim, so it works.  Slightly larger than stock, but it's probably fine. 

Also, I like to haul a bunch of stuff in my truck and having those big beefy wheels in the back would probably not work with that.  So, unless I lifted the silly thing, it ain't happening.  And after reading your posts about what a nightmare lifting a 620 is, that probably isn't happening either.