Rims...post what you have & had

Finished Cleaning the sharks up! Was going to run them on my carry van but want something rarer so sold them haha

2015-04-10%2017.20.45_zpstwchxnfp.jpg

2015-04-11%2009.03.14_zpscpjdpmxn.jpg

Hav'nt had much luck on the auctions lately but did win these-

HayashiRacingStreets13x77_zpsblzkzxsk.jp

13x7+7 so match with the 13x6.5+-0 I got the other week =)

THose look tasty!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few new buys lately-

1st is a pair of 15x7-1 SSR Reverse Mesh, these make a set with the 7.5s I already have =)

SSRRmesh15x7-1_zpsezlecezr.jpg

2nd is a pair of SSR Mk3s, 14x7.5-6, bidding on some 14x7.5+6s atm to make a set =)

MK3s14x7.5-7_zpsmmzbyude.jpg

oh also had some wheels arrive the other day!

2015-04-16%2017.02.48_zps9sqebnsc.jpg

running out of space pretty fast haha

2015-04-16%2017.03.35_zpspaa1i9li.jpg

Im not sure yet im just building it for fun right now. I was trying to do stuff with other ''enthusiast'' here in japan till they acted like i was competition. I decided its best i just get my own equipment and do my own thing for myself. Long story short i can media blast,cut,polish and make my own inner and outer barrels now :) oh and ive been able to do my own powder coating too all in house

• Like 5

Im not sure yet im just building it for fun right now. I was trying to do stuff with other ''enthusiast'' here in japan till they acted like i was competition. I decided its best i just get my own equipment and do my own thing for myself. Long story short i can media blast,cut,polish and make my own inner and outer barrels now :) oh and ive been able to do my own powder coating too all in house

Now if you could machine your own faces, then you'd be set. And I'd be knocking down your door!

Now if you could machine your own faces, then you'd be set. And I'd be knocking down your door!

I can do my own faces we own a full machine shop. Problem is finding time to do it all. We have alot of big orders right now and working on projects for the 2020 games in tokyo

• Like 2

haha I scored some Techno Phantoms this weekend. I'll post pics when they get here from Japan.

So jelly! I see that the dollar is even stronger than it was a month ago. I am curious if you can tell us how much cheaper you are getting the wheels direct from Japan rather than the secondary market here in the us. In other words, how much cheaper can you get wheels from japan vs the same wheel on Ebay in the US? I imagine Phantoms would be $1000 to $1200 on ebay here.

Yea it depends. All the wheels on Ebay here are like 6.0 or 6.5 that's why they go for what they go for. For example TP's with a width of 6.5 may go for $1000 or $1200 for the set on Ebay, but mine that I got are 6.5 0 and 7.5 -6 and 3-piece, in which case they're worth a lot more. Probably around $1500 and 1800 or 1900 refurbished...but like I always say, it's only worth what someone is going to pay. So like my 13" SSR mesh that I got a while back when the dollar was weaker, I paid $300.00 and then got all for lips redone 7.5 -6 for $900 from Araya wheels. So for $1200 I got 13x7.5 -6 SSR mesh refreshed, new hardware, powdercoated centers. IMO that's the only way to do it. Buy the shittiest width, off-set you can find and have Araya re-lip your wheels, cased closed.

Also for my Techno Phantoms, I was bidding on Yahoo Auctions against over 50 people, so that can tell someone just how much they're worth now. I should mention that mine are 3-piece as well, which ups the price even more.

• Like 1