Diary of a 63 NL320

Rusty

DAM!! that thing is looking good!

2eDeYe;17439']I'm up in Marysville' date=' but would love to help with a local NL (sorry mike your just too far away :))

Maybe we could have a work party :D[/quote']

Yeah that would be fun!! When though? I'm always open a few days out, so keep me posted and I can meet you guys there :D

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dropped her yesterday!

4" blocks w/pinion angle correction. I cranked the bars down all the way but she is still lower in the back.. tucks all the back tire and an inch of the rim. (gotta love the half skirted bed sides of NL's) there is and inch before it hits the stops in front...Reindex?

Ive also decided that its probably a good idea to get all the suspension work done BEFORE any engine swap to assure there will be no BIG fitment issues...

this might force me to upgrade brakes which will most likely save my life after the swap:D

My wife is the photographer, she was out yesterday so.... pictures to follow.

P.S.

and i'm starting a Datsun truck club for moral support!

"The Saggin Dragons" open to all Datsun/Nissan trucks

(I'm getting hot rod plaques made:cool:)

Kool! The torsion bar bolts on the 320's are very short & the fronts will only come down about 3 inches before the nut comes off the bolt [not good/safe]. Id say re-index the torsions for an additional drop [want to do mine too]. Not sure if they are like the 521's but the torsions have to be slid out of the lower control arms, turned a few teeth & re-installed. BTW...id like a plaque :D any pics of the design?

The datsun emblem could be the "O" in the dragons.

I'm pretty sure Dave and I re-clocked my torsion bars 2 teeth and cut half the bumpstop off. If you cut more than that off, you will end up with the LCA hitting metal on metal with the crossmember.

Yea, I looked at it again after re-torque'n the U-bolts and its sit on the bump stops all the way around...front and back

you know, "for that nice soft ride" hahaha.

plus im still driving on on bald "all rubber" Toyo tires from the 60's LOL. ....with TUBES! to add to the comfort?

• 4 months later...
Ok Jason i say while your in there how bout a 1 1/2 body drop so Rusty can lay rocker ? :D What did you guys come up with...4 link, 3 link?

You know, luke and I were talking about that yesterday, but looking at the truck it doesn't seem to be that high in relation to the frame.

Yes, Mark, he's getting a triangulated 4-link with bags on bars.

First order of business-bed floor's gettin' cut! (in one piece)

Can you say plasma? I knew you could!;)

You know, luke and I were talking about that yesterday, but looking at the truck it doesn't seem to be that high in relation to the frame.

Yeah, its really not, maybe 3". What it does have is a nasty cross memeber [as always] and a hideously low hanging exaust?sawzall.gif

Man I am really digging the black primer/ white bed /white wheel combo. Put a cool graphic shop logo on the doors. Distress it a little, and done! If you have some extra white, you could blast the ratsun mascot on the doors! What was your spray set up?

No offense.. but not the logo! Let's keep this tasteful! Looks great as is! :lol:

Saturday morning I pulled her out and stripped the shineys...

in preperation for the trip to BEEBANI'S

l_ea04d6b8c23d13420c7a16a8a7b722c7.jpg

l_6c45c1fb87652169c01076265927c42c.jpg

sorry guys no, fender mirrors here...

l_4e034309f88f8fdd80803a73a63d66b0.jpg

..The little engine that could! I only painted part of the bay because the engine will eventually come out.

l_b3822507614823a0e72dc6c5291093ff.jpg

So I got her up on the trailer and strapped down. but before that, as I was driving it on... the trailer lifted off the the ball hitch and pushed into my Silverado's tailgate!!! :eek:ALWAYS CHECK TWICE! :fu:

I'm thankful it wasnt on the freeway and going over a bridge with my datsun on it... but that sh#t hurt my wallet. :mad:

l_374df6bc9b43c9bbd778e8b89a362f1d.jpg

l_c19cd39ed1926b330cb3c5f83ea328e7.jpg

It was snowing on some parts of the trip, but we got there safe. Well I hit a bird?...:rolleyes:

l_317c20ff5d59c22cf730c0497884e5fd.jpg

l_1e051d87294afcef7c685631a4cceb72.jpg

l_b56e15869816b9d05e8a12889685070f.jpg

l_ec091da59ae79699efcf53bb3782bed3.jpg

Pulled her in to Beeba's fabricating headquaters,and talked truck:cool:

l_29deeb4da7e88506ffca3ac48312187c.jpg

Glad to finally get to chill in person...