Diary of a 63 NL320

Rusty

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

working on cars??????? It's an NL buddy...now's your chance to work on something cool!!! LOL! :)

haha your funny Mike :D I rode in something cool once to :D

ICEHOUSE.....It will prolly be a couple more weeks anyway....

but I'll hit you up for sure I'm over by Alki

Anytime after I get my dime going is good for me :D

Man I am really digging the black primer/ white bed /white wheel combo. Put a cool graphic shop logo on the doors. Distress it a little, and done! If you have some extra white, you could blast the ratsun mascot on the doors! What was your spray set up?

Awesome progress rusty. It's fun working on the really old Datsun trucks. Did you come across any rusted or stuck bolts when you took it apart?

the whole thing is a rusted stuck bolt hahaha.

that truck is a 20 or 30 footer for sure.... dont be fooled by sunset photos ha. if you guys scroll back to the start of this thread you'll see what it looked like...

I grinded and sanded all the rust found that it was 100 pounds heavier due to a custom bondo job on most panels...

its still real wobbly and would show all its sins with the hint of a shiny paint job... thats rattle canned by the way all of it thats rustolium almond paint for the inside cab, engine bay and bed, i rolled it on the bed then rattle canned the wedges and cracks.. same for the inside cab and door jams...

i painted the engine bay from the top to just the hood rails... and the black is primer...I'll eventually finish it after "the swap"

I recently contacted a guy here in seattle that is preparing to put the

SR20DET in it...:D (its probably someone on this forum? ha.)

but that my friends is a whole other thread....

I recently contacted a guy here in seattle that is preparing to put the SR20DET in it...:D (its probably someone on this forum? ha.)

but that my friends is a whole other thread....

Maybe Mister Ray? That'll be an interesting thread. Can't wait to see where the turbo is gonna fit in that itty-bitty engine compartment.

That'll be an interesting thread. Can't wait to see where the turbo is gonna fit in that itty-bitty engine compartment.

aw play nice now.... we've all tasted crow before.

Im not sure where the hell its gonna go either, but i promise you this...

when i pop the hood, it wont be the E-1 even an SR20DE would be cool to me.

SR_roadster04.jpg

there is nothing new under the sun....

if it's really that much of an issue does the turbo absolutely have to go under the hood? what about those turbo kits for camaros and firebirds that mount the turbo in the back basically where the muffler should go? the thing i saw on tv about them said there no less efficient and you are open to running as big a turbo as you want because you have no silly issues like steering column or firewall or inner fender :)