polling, feel free to chime in on rising sun hoods.

Ya you have to keep in mind though its not Chinas fault for trying to make a buck. They aren't like paying off people in order to get ahead, they are just pumping out products and usa companies are buying them. If I was to place the blame and I do lol, it would be on the shoulders of the politicians passing bullshit laws/bills like NAFTA which allows companies to import chinas goods and export jobs because of the tax and tariff breaks. I mean one could go as far as to blame the usa people for not caring as well. So many talk a mean game but how many check or care where the product came from? No enough, that's how many.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya you have to keep in mind though its not Chinas fault for trying to make a buck. They aren't like paying off people in order to get ahead, they are just pumping out products and usa companies are buying them. If I was to place the blame and I do lol, it would be on the shoulders of the politicians passing bullshit laws/bills like NAFTA which allows companies to import chinas goods and export jobs because of the tax and tariff breaks. I mean one could go as far as to blame the usa people for not caring as well. So many talk a mean game but how many check or care where the product came from? No enough, that's how many.....

Well said man!:cool:

I found a page that has the "correct:(?) lay out for the Rising Sun hood.

I like the way his hood turned out. Good to know that the "official" Japanese flag had 32 rays coming out og the sun.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2503804702_9e14b622fc.jpg%3Fv%3D0&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/97437833%40N00/2503804702&usg=__HS07Ot3i2TuO-ryJPwgcyw7E3lU=&h=333&w=500&sz=91&hl=en&start=33&tbnid=-TPlAnKYU_A8SM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drising%2Bsun%2Bhood%26start%3D21%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

The naval flag(Rising Sun) had 18 I thought. That's how many my actual Japanese Naval Flag has.

....As for national pride and a slap in the face to our veterans, isn't the right to sport a banzai hood part of the freedom they fought for? Isn't freedom to express ones' opinions, thoughts, and ideas without oppression part of what makes this country great? My hood doesn't mean I hate America, or that I bastardize my country by embracing eastern culture. For me, it symbolizes my respect for Japanese auto engineering (Nissan products to be more specific). They seem to have their shit together more so than our auto manufacturers, so they must be doing something right :fu: They've been giving American people what they want for over 40 years, maybe GM and Ford should remove their heads from thier asses, and take heed to the demands of the consumer.

Quoted. For. Effing. Truth.

I personally wouldn't sport a big stars and stripes on my hood because I think it looks a bit redneckish. That's a lie. It think it looks extremely redneckish.

It's a style. A design. Not an allegience.

Although I do make sure I sport an American flag on my racing cars since I am representing my country.

I've been throwing around the idea of just a plain white car with a big ol' meatball on the side, but offset to the rear half of the car.

They aren't like paying off people in order to get ahead, they are just pumping out products and usa companies are buying them.

So many talk a mean game but how many check or care where the product came from? No enough, that's how many.....

paying off? as in paying the people(kids and criminals) making the crap, that most americans consume w/o care.

so, a direct hit in the care area. it is extremely hard to find something made in usa, i mean U.S.A. (my toyota drive belts were made in the USA)

our slogan went from 'freedom' to 'cheap crap i dont really need but its so cheap i got 2' :rollseyes:

That's a lie. It think it looks extremely redneckish.

what about a rebel flag? like the general lee. :)

who'd like see toyata NASCAR put a rising sun on the hood/roof/door???

theyd probably get put into the wall on turn 1 :lol:

Also remember that the rising sun flag is still used by the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (Japan is not allowed to have a normal Military, though you'd be hard pressed to see the difference nowadays between the JMSDF and say the Taiwanese Navy.

I did the Rising Sun flag in my 4X4 mainly because it had a white hood (on a dark blue truck) so it was a canvas ripe for painting. It's due for a repaint now anyway, it's faded and the red rubbed off in places. That's what driving through brush does.

My Grandfather was in the Navy in WWII. So were several Great Uncles, at least one was a Pearl harbor survivor. My familiy was lucky- I know of no known relatives killed in ANY war, and many served. Not a lot of Army... mostly Navy vets. I did 11 years in the Navy. I've heard the arguments, and I'm sensitive enough to not go driving the 4X4 around on Dec 7th.

:cool:

'This flag is often considered offensive in countries which were victims of Japanese aggression, particularly China and Korea, where it is considered as a symbol of Japanese imperialism.'

i was looking for the ray number and 16 is current, since there is technically no japanese military.

i found this site to be ironic... http://www.united-states-flag.com/japan-rising-sun.html

Interesting. I found this image of an Imperial Japanese Naval flag (c.1910):

jp-flag_2_lg.gif

It's 16 red stripes + 16 white stripes for 32 stripes total.

Ah. I thought you meant 32 red and 32 white. not total. Either way I miscounted on my own flag. It's probably only 16.

:cool:

'This flag is often considered offensive in countries which were victims of Japanese aggression, particularly China and Korea, where it is considered as a symbol of Japanese imperialism.'

my gf went in to get her nails done and asked if they had a rising sun template. the employee got so pissed and started speaking some other language to another employee while pointing at my gf. she then explained about my datsuns and having the sun on my car because its japanese and they calmed down.:lol:

my gf went in to get her nails done and asked if they had a rising sun template. the employee got so pissed and started speaking some other language to another employee while pointing at my gf. she then explained about my datsuns and having the sun on my car because its japanese and they calmed down.:lol:

I thought about that. I get my hair cut at a place outside the Camp Murray Main Gate, which is run by a Korean lady and all her employees are Korean. But I've never had any trouble, and I've parked right in front of the door.

I thought about that. I get my hair cut at a place outside the Camp Murray Main Gate, which is run by a Korean lady and all her employees are Korean. But I've never had any trouble, and I've parked right in front of the door.

They're all too short to see what's on TOP of your hood! :lol: