Pumpkn News!

Pumpkn210

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Tearin down the pumpkn for the winter. Made a little pad behind my residence to work on er. Put down some 3/4 plywood and started the tear down. Tried to beat the rain and get the carbs and intoke off but it started pouring ass soon ass I got to unbolting it!

Oics in a little bit, still waiting for the Bucket!

^^ lol pwnd

That looks awesome, does the intake actually get better performance up there? Helladowndraft. :D

thats the same question i had... does it work okay with the carbs that high? ive always gone by the rule that the further away the carb was from the intake valve that the higher the powerband would come in..

does this this start rockin at like 4500rpm? lol

The "intoke" works good, the lag from it being far away makes the throttle more of an on off switch. But the tourque and power that it gained is even after like 2500-3000rpm. Im takin em down for the winter, gonna lower em and turn em. The fuel is sloshing away from the inlet in the bowl during hard right corners. Gonna shorten the tubes whyle Im at it to take care of the lag problem. Been doin my homework so the HomebuiltHotness2.2 should be perfect!

• 1 month later...

Update:

The other day I ordered all the steering parts from RockAuto, what a great deal! Cheepest in the whole world wide net!

Today I ordered some Monroe sens-a-trac strut cartridges for the pumpkn. Spent like an hour on the phone with the tech people at Monroe(Super Helpfull, would recomend) The ones we figured out would be the best are part #73229 for a 84-89 300zx non turbo. They have a stiffer valving and are shorter overall with a shorter body. I will have to make a small plug for under them in the strut. And I will have to modify the top mount hole caus the threaded top is 2mm bigger. Was wondering if the mount bolts are the same from my car to the 300z. Looks like I gotta get to the Junk Yards this weekend!

Still here and still disassembled <_<

The steering parts will be here monday, Im gettin the 300zx shocks today. Went and looked at the 300zx struts and the springs are too big to fit in my towers so I gotta make a plug for under the shock in the strut......

Or Something.... :unsure:

Update:

Got the steering stuff today and proceeded to tear down my front susp. Gotta get me some new front shocks and cut my new springs. Looks like the spring was slappin around in there and messed up the nut that holds the shock into the strut! Thats alsight, thats why I got a parts clip ;) Only got till friday to get it back on the road, cause the GooN will be in the hands of its new owner!

100_3810.jpg

100_3811.jpg

100_3812.jpg