Pumpkn News!

Pumpkn210

Ok So.

On saturday I took off my exhaust and installed 2in from where the cat was back to a HUGE Flowmaster and thats it. The car gets fumes in it cause the exhaust ends before the rear axle. I plan on putting a tailpipe out the center of the rear. The car definately breaths better and sounds Super Sweet!

Noob came over with his truch and we fabbed up some exhaust on his too. There was 2 huge vacume leaks, I plugged them. I then set the timing and rough set the carb. It is the wrong carb as some of you know. My question is this. The carb will not idle down. It seems to be getting held up somewhere. Would the butterflies be getting caught on the adaptor plate? I have to get it too the right idle before I can set the carb right. I am at a loss. The good news is that it runs and drives great, so at least he can commute in it.

Thanks Guys

Dave (pumpkn210)

• Like 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The carb problem is on Noobs truck. I don't think the adapter plate would interfere with the butterfly at idle... It sounds to me like the adapter or intake has a leak... take some carb cleaner and spray it by the base of the carb and where the intake meets the head. If the engine speed changes, bingo! You have a leak. O make sure the carb cleaner over spray doesn't go in the carb, this can result in an inaccurate rev. If you rev it to like 4k does it rev down really slow? that is also a sign of a major vacuum leak.

Hainz would know better, I'm a fake carb guy :D

I am not sure the specifics(Insert Hainz) but it is not the right carb. The linkage is on the radiator side. I am sure that the butterflies are not closing all the way. I am positive that the plate is inter-fear-ing. Noob said that to get it to work the way it is now he had to do some grinding. I suggested to take them off and do a little more. I messed with it last night and am sure that that is the problem. It was even stickey if you pushed on it then opened them.

Also I installed the 2 1/4 tail pipe in the pumpkn today. It is sounds ALOT quieter and cleaner.

• Like 1

Maybe he has the reversed version of the Weber. I think its a Holly brand carb that is a mirror image of the Weber DGAV. It can be made to work. ( I think )

the easiest solution is to have Icehouse go out there and fix it! :) haha

I'll call Justin and stop by soon.

Everything will be ok if he gets the carb to close all the way. I already made a cable mount for it and figured out the problem. The only thing left is to do it to it! I hope all the best. It is a pretty nice truck. It needs drop blocks though, its got a wicked rake!

• Like 1
Maybe he has the reversed version of the Weber. I think its a Holly brand carb that is a mirror image of the Weber DGAV. It can be made to work. ( I think )

the easiest solution is to have Icehouse go out there and fix it! :) haha

I'll call Justin and stop by soon.

I will have to bring a KA if I want to fix it right :D

Everything will be ok if he gets the carb to close all the way. I already made a cable mount for it and figured out the problem. The only thing left is to do it to it! I hope all the best. It is a pretty nice truck. It needs drop blocks though, its got a wicked rake!

30 bucks for blocks, I got a set of blocks you can have I think then all you have to do is buy U bolts. I will check.

30 bucks for blocks, I got a set of blocks you can have I think then all you have to do is buy U bolts. I will check.

I've got some leaf spring removal skillz. I think DatsuNoob is running stock 14" steelies so he'll have no clearance problems. :cool: oh, and he also likes DnB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob

It's not the wrong carb! how can it be the wrong carb when it bolts up to my intake? it's just a different version. It's a 34/34 progressive instead of a 32/36. It's been my experience that sometimes aftermarket or other than stock equipment sometimes needs slight modification, even if it was intended for use on the specified vehicle, (ie certifit bumpers, and cheesy aftermarket tailights). I'll just grind a little more off the plate and she'll be sweet. My main problem is timing. I heard from a guy I was partying with last night that he put one on a toyota and it needed to be retarded 3 degress for it to run properly. I may give this a try if necessary, but for now it puts gas into my engine(maybe a little too much :D) and gets me to and from work. I'll play with it and get back to you guys

We (Icehouse and I) stripped that car out and dropped it off at the guys house. He would not get ahold of me to fill out the paprework so I could get it into my name. Guess what? 2 minutes after we dropped it off he called me. He was hella pissed till I let him know the deal. It will be hauled off wedsday morning.

It could only be a '66 or a '67 so with 50/50 chance of being right, I guessed. If I was right, I'm the greatest! If I was wrong, I'm still very close and appear somewhat knowledgeable about them. TA-da!! Back in the day a buddy had a '68 and I had a '69. Seems you know a bit about my generation's muscle cars yourself! Good boy. Warms my heart to see that, just like one of my kids listening to Floyd, Hendrix, Clapton, CCR or just knowing the words to Aqualung. Eh Ron?

We (Icehouse and I) stripped that car out and dropped it off at the guys house. He would not get ahold of me to fill out the paprework so I could get it into my name. Guess what? 2 minutes after we dropped it off he called me. He was hella pissed till I let him know the deal. It will be hauled off wedsday morning.

haha yeah we parted that bitch out :D I would have posted it sooner, somehow I kept forgetting.... I think since we did it on the 4th made it difficult to make time to post it. I had all kinds of stuff to do that day. We also got a late start (my fault) It was fun thats for sure :D

haha yeah we parted that bitch out :D I would have posted it sooner, somehow I kept forgetting.... I think since we did it on the 4th made it difficult to make time to post it. I had all kinds of stuff to do that day. We also got a late start (my fault) It was fun thats for sure :D

Yea no problem man, that was a blast! I saw you had your black car out, Sweet.

It could only be a '66 or a '67 so with 50/50 chance of being right, I guessed. If I was right, I'm the greatest! If I was wrong, I'm still very close and appear somewhat knowledgeable about them. TA-da!! Back in the day a buddy had a '68 and I had a '69. Seems you know a bit about my generation's muscle cars yourself! Good boy. Warms my heart to see that, just like one of my kids listening to Floyd, Hendrix, Clapton, CCR or just knowing the words to Aqualung. Eh Ron?

You are right. It is a '67. They made around 1500 '67s, and over 3000 '66s. so the ratio is 2/3. The '67s had turn-signal indicators in the front fender chrome, with a dodge symbol in it. And the center console didn't go thru the rear seat leg area. And 102.5fm is one of my presets.

• 7 months later...

So I put some cut 510 rear springs in the Pumpkn (Thanks Frank and Jeff) and they are awsome. Alot tighter but it still has an acceptable amount of travel. The ride height is a smidge lower and seems to make the front bite into corners even more! Happy Day! Now I need some good stiff shocks to take the bounce out of them.

• 1 year later...