My Datsun trucks...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright more baby steps...got the pass. side handle shaved & my newset toy installed. The horn has a built in valve so all i have to do is run an air line & hook up a pull cord...oh & BTW it's loud as hell.:eek:

3-27handle.jpg

3-27handle2.jpg

3-27handle3.jpg

i think this is off of a boat or a semi....

3-27horns2.jpg

3-27horns.jpg

• Like 2

Paul..ill for sure get a vid. as soon as i run the air line to it.

Steve.. no poppers/solenoids yet im having battery issues & have to undo the + cable when it's parked so they wouldnt have power to them.

Jason..if i ever make a wash/oregon road trip ill come up & bust out some bodywork for ya..:D & yeah ill talk w/ ben today about your logging in problems over @ NC.com

Pac! pg 46 of the MT that just came today......center page, infield shot of a show....didn't get the name of the show, but it's got to be the Dside/back of your 620 :)

Editorial by Mike Alexander also has a pic of his '65 320 :) with a comment about him having a 521(might be the one that Mike Self used to have???) Datsuns are coming into their own!!!

Pac! pg 46 of the MT that just came today......center page, infield shot of a show....didn't get the name of the show, but it's got to be the Dside/back of your 620 :)

Editorial by Mike Alexander also has a pic of his '65 320 :) with a comment about him having a 521(might be the one that Mike Self used to have???) Datsuns are coming into their own!!!

Is that the 521 with the tube chassis and mazda rotary engine?

I am not surprised , I see alot of old school Datsuns in show shots from all over. Hell last issue form Japan there where a few different ones. The older imports are starting to make a underground comeback, which I think is cool..:cool:

Datsun trucks never left Japan! They're only making a comeback here because everybody has done all they can to stupid-ass S-10's and full-size chevys! I'm so sick of seeing all the same bullshit at every show coverage I see, it's nice to see some older mazdawgs, luv's, courier's, and dattos. Yotas are o.k. too!

Datsun trucks never left Japan! They're only making a comeback here because everybody has done all they can to stupid-ass S-10's and full-size chevys! I'm so sick of seeing all the same bullshit at every show coverage I see, it's nice to see some older mazdawgs, luv's, courier's, and dattos. Yotas are o.k. too!

haha i feel ya.... over on my local mini trucking forums about 80% of them have s10s.. But reason everyone do them is cause you can get all bolt on air ride kits for them and knock it out in a few weekends...

cant say much i always drive my friends bagged s10

Get ready for some destruction! I nailed a manhole last Sat. night going approx. 35 mph & look what it did! I basically destroyed the carrier bearing crossmember & disabled the emergency brake in the process. I had been dragging it on speed bumps for awhile but this was the final blow. It actually moved the carrier bearing forward 1/2 inch, i started cutting the old one away & ill make a new one that'll be higher than the frame & stronger than stock... I know Beebani has a few custom ones made but $$ is tight & i drive it every day so i gotta get her back on the road fast...

3-30xmember.jpg

moved it forward a bit..

3-30xmember2.jpg

cutting the fuel line braces was fun..:D & hard to see but the e-brake mechanism is bent up a little...

3-30xmember3.jpg

What a pain..today i got the old x member cut out & the new one welded in. I used 1 1/2 angle iron & raised it as much as i could...remember my exhaust runs above the X member so i couldnt raise it that much. I still need to drill holes to mount the e brake mechanism but thats easy. I have to straighten it a bit 1st..hell wish i had a lift! Workin under a truck on stands gets old real quick! Ill post pics of it when it's done.

Ouch!! That must of sounded bad! I hear you about working under the truck sucking. I shimmed my carrier bearing today, what a pain in the ass. I think the biggest problem is, I do all this work to get the truck way up on jack stands. Well after I take a step back I realize its about stock height.... dam.... Well I was under there anyways. So I feel your pain PCD. It's also my daily at the moment. I also noticed your tortion bar is still in there? Did you just leave them all the way loose for the air bags?

Ok i ended up using a 1 3/4 inch 3/8 inch thick piece of angle iron for the new X member. Went in pretty easy but cutting the old one out with the gas & brake lines right there was a pain. I also have to straighten the e brake mechanism, drill holes & mount that in place. Enjoy...

4-3ebrakemech.jpg

4-3newXmember.jpg

Well heres a crappy update...the other day i noticed that the truck was leaning a bit to the drivers side so while i was under working on the new X member i looked at the link bars & saw they were bent & cracking right before the axle:mad: I replaced the front shocks thinking it was a blown shock but hell they needed replacing anyways [bought @ Napa part # 94037] So now ill have to cut & reinforce them & weld in a long gusset under each bar!

4-4linkbar.jpg

4-4linkbar2.jpg

oh & i plan on running the 320 rims/tires for awhile,,,i like this look better...

4-4.jpg

• Like 1

Dude that sucks, do you think its from the man whole cover? Hmmmm kinda seems like stress or something. I didn't know you only had the rear bagged.

I noticed your exhaust, how did you do it up front? Does your floor get hot?