69 510 SSSR20DET Project

So here is the plan 2 Door 69 510. Stitch weld the engine compartment. Radius the front inner rear of wheel wells, sss tail lights, sss grill, hid lights, SR20DET, Shaved rear bumper, rear side markets and door handles. Bride seats, carbon fiber hood, air dam and door panels. Clean white paint the car is in the body shop right now here are some pics. it needs a drivers side quarter panel welded in and somebody who didn't know what they where doing put a shit load of bondo on it so have to grind it all out and straighten the metal.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sanded it down to bear metal, We are radiusing them because whenn you lower a 510 and corner hard they rub there if you dont. Anyone who ownes a 510 i recomend getting the book How to hotrod & race a datsun it explains how to race prep a 510 shell and that is one of the things you do. It tells you how to stich weld the chassy also what i am doing. This will basicly be a race prepped street car when it is done. it also has a lot of tricks on building L series engines the book is from the 80s but is a good read.

sanded it down to bear metal, We are radiusing them because whenn you lower a 510 and corner hard they rub there if you dont. Anyone who ownes a 510 i recomend getting the book How to hotrod & race a datsun it explains how to race prep a 510 shell and that is one of the things you do. It tells you how to stich weld the chassy also what i am doing. This will basicly be a race prepped street car when it is done. it also has a lot of tricks on building L series engines the book is from the 80s but is a good read.
Sounds like you need more caster :P
Gwan's, car started life as a US spec LHD two door.

Burabuda, you are a naughty monkey :D!

Abe

abe i is naughty :P

we need to get 510 rotary mike(?) (or whatever the guy who used to work for gwanee) to tell the other side of the story

i really shouldn't have gone and burst antonio's bubble, because he really wants to believe in sandy claws ...

we need to get 510 rotary mike(?) (or whatever the guy who used to work for gwanee) to tell the other side of the story

i really shouldn't have gone and burst antonio's bubble, because he really wants to believe in sandy claws ...

??????

most LHD --> RHD swaps are pretty obvious.

inside inspection of the roof/pillars would give it away too, esp around the trunk lines.

mine is O-SO obvious :thumbdown:

havent seen any evidence of it, ive looked (not trying to see if it wasnt though)

it would be a shit-load of work to conceal, hardly seems worth lying about. more likely would be something to brag about it :mellow:

its nice either way!

Well i will be running 18 inch wheels and slammed so i want to make sure no rubbing it will have fully adjustible suspension
What? I figured from what you had said previously that you were planning something that could handle spirited street or some form of autocross style driving, but now you say 18's? :D Have you mocked up what an 18 with tire will look like on the rear? You can only push the swing arm so far up before it starts hitting the underside of the body...
most LHD --> RHD swaps are pretty obvious.

inside inspection of the roof/pillars would give it away too, esp around the trunk lines.

mine is O-SO obvious :thumbdown:

havent seen any evidence of it, ive looked (not trying to see if it wasnt though)

it would be a shit-load of work to conceal, hardly seems worth lying about. more likely would be something to brag about it :mellow:

its nice either way!

he was running a bodyshop att (or had a guy doing bodywork for him att), so it's possible

if you're not looking for it, you may not see it ... happens all the time

back in the day, we were asking him questions, and when i got closer, he headed me off and wouldn't let me close to it

then again, he could've been fukkin with me (one of the ways he gets his kicks) :fu:

that's why i'd like mikey to pipe up ...

What? I figured from what you had said previously that you were planning something that could handle spirited street or some form of autocross style driving, but now you say 18's? :D Have you mocked up what an 18 with tire will look like on the rear? You can only push the swing arm so far up before it starts hitting the underside of the body...

yes i mocked it up, Im having troy build me some custom tubular rear control arms and coil overs. it will have a 18X8 rear wheels on it. the inner part of the wheel well will be clearanced a little :)

yes i mocked it up, Im having troy build me some custom tubular rear control arms and coil overs. it will have a 18X8 rear wheels on it. the inner part of the wheel well will be clearanced a little :)
That helps...you'll need to clearance for the axles too if you want it to get very low.