Lets see some welding pics

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

izzo....the $39 helmets at HF actually work pretty well....I think mine even has two sensors in it.

Dat510....I can't answer your question, but there's guys here that can, but I'm sure they'll want a bit more info....type/size of welder....gas/gasless....indoor/outside....thickness of metal.

No2......you inspire me to want to do more tig welding.....until I see what mine looks like...then I shut if off. :) Beautiful!

Sweet thanks mike! Ill check it out. The part that adjusts the head size broke on mine. It was the cheap one that came free when I bought my Lincoln stick welder. When I bought my Lincoln wire feed mig it just came with the hand held flat mask.

I don't have any projects right now so my welding machines are collecting dust. I haven't used my stick machine since I built a 24ish foot tandem axle trailer almost three years ago

This is my 1st time ever welding. I got a welder from a guy going through a divorce..I dont know the specs on it, but I'll post up later. Took it to a friends house to help him build a roll cage..

welding.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

:o :o :o :o

FAIL! dude please tell me you are not serious a ROLL CAGE!! someones gonna die.

Damn AJ I don't want to be rude but that looks really bad. :lol: You better hope you can cover that shit up if that's going to be a show car.

I understand it's your first time out so I won't bag to hard on ya.

Yeah...he has a grinder. We made it look better and it was under carpet. I'm going back out to Az this weekend to pick up my welder. I want to learn how to make them right.

Can I weld a center plate onto the trailer :)

Shagy...how about some details on what type of welder....assuming wire feed, but is it mig(setup with gas)? Did you do it outside? ....gas shielding blowing away in breeze. jesusno2 is a pro and can probably give you some tips if he gets some info to go on.

Make sure the polarity is correct for your setup...gas or flux core. Clean the rust off first and hold the gun with two hands.

Check out weldingtipsandtricks.com He's got awesome vids! I've learned a lot from his stuff!!

Shagy...how about some details on what type of welder....assuming wire feed, but is it mig(setup with gas)? Did you do it outside? ....gas shielding blowing away in breeze. jesusno2 is a pro and can probably give you some tips if he gets some info to go on.

Make sure the polarity is correct for your setup...gas or flux core. Clean the rust off first and hold the gun with two hands.

Check out weldingtipsandtricks.com He's got awesome vids! I've learned a lot from his stuff!!

Its a MIG welder with Gas. We did do that outside (no wind but I'm sure that doesnt matter). Wire feed, polarity was correct.

The welder is a FirePro, Just don't remember if its a FP-120, FP-130 or FP-160. I'd have to look through some photos as its sitting in Arizona right now.

not the best welder in the world, but it works. just gotta practice,practice,practice.

tig welding my tranny cross member for the 200sx tranny

DSC03899.jpg

tig welding some nipple on my IC piping

DSC03854.jpg

tig welding my modified ca18et to 510 oil pan

DSC03845.jpg

hard to tell, but stitch welded the nose of the car with my mig

DSC04016.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

not the best welder in the world, but it works. just gotta practice,practice,practice.

I paid $150 for the welder, cart, tank and all the spare spools and tips he had. Something to start with. I'm not doing anything major with it. Figured I could do some light body work with it if needed.

Welded my 240sx diff a while back. Not much to look at, but it has held up nicely. I used a craftsman mig.

weldeddiff.JPG

Someone else showed me a reversible way to do that. Basically, just weld in the valley of the idler gears(the ones the axle does not go through) so that they won't move or rock. Might have to weld them up and then do a bit of grinding, but you can reverse it by taking out the idler gears and replacing them. No damage to the axle side gears. The guy was drag racing his and never had a prob with breakage.

Its a MIG welder with Gas. We did do that outside (no wind but I'm sure that doesnt matter). Wire feed, polarity was correct.

The welder is a FirePro, Just don't remember if its a FP-120, FP-130 or FP-160. I'd have to look through some photos as its sitting in Arizona right now.

You can use a piece of cardboard to block any breeze and turn up the gas a bit. Also....keep the stick out(how much wire is extended) as short as possible. That's something that Jody(WTAT.com) constantly hammers on. I've found that it helps a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

got my welder back.... its a Fire Power FP-160. Says input voltage is 230v.... but we used 220v in Arizona. Think it was a type-o?

Typical high amp circuits are considered 220-240 depending on where you are. My house is supposed to be 110, but i get upto 120 depending on whether or not the neighbors are raping the grid.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

look at the first video at 1.50 and you can see the weld behind you pretty clear 

try the auto dark with it zoomed in like the beginning of the first video