anyone have vintage audio gear?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon now.. i was 12 in 97 :blink:

Oh Man, I have T shirts that are older than you are...LOL...You were 12 and I was 56................I do believe I am gonna have to ask my Daughter (who lives in the Portland area..) if she still has my 8 track collection..HMMMMM I think there must have been 40 or more in the old box I gave her...

c'mon now.. i was 12 in 97. and somehow i don't think you were going to a punk show in 79. :blink:

:eek: you got me!

my first show wasnt until 1980, just turned 15 2mos before

the plasmatics at the whiskey-a-go-go in hollywood, then a few weeks later at the santa monica civic. EPIC!

chainsaws and an exploding cadillac on stage, and some strategic electrical tape :D

have not slowed down either (i cut off my long hair and am sporting a mohawk)

haha i always forget that "punk" goes back alot farther than i think it does.

its so funny to me to think about when i'm old and possibly have grandkids... i'm gonna be sittin around my retirement home listenin to punk and hardcore and speed metal and the kids are gonna call it classic music... HAHA

Nothing really "vintage"... I've got an '86 Sony component stereo... tape deck, tuner, amp, and a matching '87 Sony CD player, although I'm only running the amp and tuner at the moment... I'm running a pair of Wharfdale bookshelf speakers (not sure of the year) and a pair of Saras cabinets off of that amp... the Saras were Cali made speakers from the 70's, and I've got BOTH original spec sheets (complete with separate serial numbers for EACH!)... I've got the Sony amp hooked up to a Yamaha amp as well, that I use to run a pair of Yamaha (I think) cabinets, and a pair of older Sansui cabs (not sure of the year)... I've got a Bang & Olafson LP player I use too, but that's from the '80s sometime, IIRC. Other than that... I've got another Sansui tape deck and an old Realistic 10-band EQ that I'm not using ATM... I've got everything from 1" tweeters to 12" subs... except for a pair of 8's... now all I need is a pair of 18's... :D

I mostly just run my laptop through the setup, but it is LOUD... with the amps at half volume and the laptop at about 90% it's loud enough to make it feel like my heart's about to stop.

yea i'll be 22 in january so that puts you at 66?

Yep 66 goin on 26..LOL, believe me...I go by the old philosophy (sp?) that you are only as old as you feel....and well, I feel quite young really...I have just recently retired from Motocross racing (last year) I ride my mountain bike on a 12 mile "loop' around here at least twice a week, I work full time, etc................I would guess that I do beleive that staying active keeps ya goin....................

Also here is another saying i have been known to spout once in awhile...

(comes from my favorite 70s artist..Jim Croce......."just livin the dream")