my 1973 620

phatdave

So if you have seen my 620 on another website,bear with me. Those who haven't...this was my Dads in the 80's. It was sold years ago and I found the owner, after setting for 13 years I got it back. I have a L20,U67,header,SU manifold,280z 5speed. I am still in the process of getting it together.

dads 620_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OKAY!!! I just bought a rolled 1974 620 that has a 327 small block with headers, Holley 650? carb and Mallory etc..all the goodies with a Turbo 350 auto? for 500.00 bucks. Looks like the old 73 might be getting some serious go fast. He drove it the last 2 years so everyting seems to be cool....

Ha ha, they call it a 'small block', but how did they get it in without cutting the firewall? I looked at this with a 305 and it was 6-8" too long, or no room for rad, so I scrapped the idea. I didn't have the ca$h for a switch to serpentine belt system and short water pump. Can you post a picture? Does it have duals?

Rear ratio? Weight to horsepower must be near 11 to 1 or better.

OKAY!!! I just bought a rolled 1974 620 that has a 327 small block with headers, Holley 650? carb and Mallory etc..all the goodies with a Turbo 350 auto? for 500.00 bucks. Looks like the old 73 might be getting some serious go fast. He drove it the last 2 years so everyting seems to be cool....

I wonder why it's rolled? At least 300 ft/lb of torque oughtta do it! Not much for V8 swaps (it's just too easy, I like a challenge) but I'm also not into 620s either so I say go for it.

Lates

I need some clutch info here. I gave my resurfaced flywheel to the mechanic at work. He was going to a local parts place called OTTS friction...mostly semi parts but they can get anything friction.

Well the cat at OTTS says there are 2 0r 3 different clutches for the 225mm flywheel that I have and also that the maching shop botched the flywheel resurface job as it is not level disc surface to pressure plate surface being different? HELP!?

• 10 months later...