The Bald headed sailor,, the sad story of a 67 411 SSS fall into darkness

And thanks to REZA we found this in Tacoma last summer but owner finally gave it up a month or so ago.. This is going to be stored away in his warehouse till we decide what the hell to do with it now that Juanear has a running driving wagon he's been searching for ..

Yw1XNfj.jpg

ofzrTwW.jpg

Cleaned up

u6A313y.jpg

WVsz9xr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

And thanks to REZA we found this in Tacoma last summer but owner finally gave it up a month or so ago.. This is going to be stored away in his warehouse till we decide what the hell to do with it now that Juanear has a running driving wagon he's been searching for ..

Yw1XNfj.jpg

ofzrTwW.jpg

Cleaned up

u6A313y.jpg

WVsz9xr.jpg

Well hello there patina!

• Like 3
On 1/31/2020 at 6:44 AM, banzai510(hainz) said:

Im digging the Blue Patina one!!!!!

What's crazy is it came factory in bamboo tan and at some point someone repainted ,, and it is so sunburnt it's rust on top,,,  that tan color in the middle sections ,,,.  with the purple/blue color where sun was shaded by body. 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2020 at 8:19 PM, bananahamuck said:

Not mine but it stopped by today after being off road since the 80s (?)..

@510keeper told me of this thing down in Medford at the Eaglerock swap meet ,, and i told Oneear whos been searching for one in half decent condition for awhile ,,,, and he went down and bought it as it has pretty low amount of rust for one of these ..  

8OMLOy5.jpg

wIyJwZX.jpg

This is that ^^^ now 

uDTckwR.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
10 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Hey!  Lefty's in University Place? 

Congrats on the major score! Damn fine trade!

Fuck Yeah,,  Lefty's is awesome grub ,, we (oly bunch)  usually Datsun meet there at least once a year.. Burgers are cheap but they get you on fries.  Haven't did much this year cuz it's been raining for 4 months straight. 

and thanks,, been wanting this car for many years , but he always wanted so much for it,,, when he said we could trade it was more my price range. 

• Like 2
On 3/3/2020 at 11:43 PM, Soundline said:

That garage fire is a freaking shame brother. 

yeah.. wooodstoves can’t be trusted . One good thing is since he was doing body work he had 3-4 Datsuns crammed into his other garages and not in this one..

this garage is something like 36 x 80 ( maybe longer) this is just center “garage” section 

he is getting insurance money for building but not contents 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ]2eDeYe said:

How did the woodstove start it?

don’t know ,, he did keep it roaring and surrounded by clutter,,  but it was old raggedy fire place.. user error had quite a hand in this also. 

Fire dept were positive it started there. It looks to the non professional that it burnt the trusses gone to right of door and worked its way across to other corner ..  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 3/8/2020 at 10:16 AM, hobospyder said:

Buddy of mine has at least 1 wood stove in his shop that he keeps going pretty constant. Just maintain fireplace safety and you should be fine

I am not sure JJ knows of this word “safety” you speak of . 

ued1lGt.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Went to the coast yesterday Wednesday with youngest , and neighbor Juan-ear to get his mufflers done.. drove out to Ocean Shores while we waited. great thing about a tourist town, on a weekday in winter,,,, no other fucking tourists 

6cqpyMn.jpg

zflPwyU.jpg

we didn't drive on beach though.

7vBd6SA.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 7
  • 4 months later...

Went to coast this last Saturday with son and a small group of Facebook people . They went to a nearby fishing town to eat , but I can’t afford to eat tourist prices there and it was crab races weekend so no parking . Sooo me and oldest son drove around and parked out by the jetty.

BrCpSsP.jpeg

jysvHGs.jpeg

unfortune-nutly ..

For me and my IPhone skills …IMGUR has double posted them for some reason but I’ll delete doubles when I’m on PC and bomb this shit later . 

iPhone fanboi alert 🚨 
  There are things I have been shown , that an IPhone does that makes it way better than some phones though . 

Aaaaand my wife is now officially pissed off because of my typing noise 

Edited by bananahamuck