JDM turn signals on a USDM 620

RedStar620

I bought a pair of front turn signals for my '78 620. The problem is, the original turn signals have only one bulb, while the new ones have two bulbs, like the JDM versions. There is also no connector, but there are three wires- one white, one yellow, and one black. My question is, how do I wire the lights up?

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One wire is ground (usually Black), one is a running light AKA parking lights that come on when the headlight switch is pulled to the first position, the last wire will be the turn signal. Should be easy enough to figure them out. The turn will be brighter than the running light.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that they are not JDM, but rather TDM (Thailand), seeing that they did not come with plugs.

Watch out, the hole where the wires go through are far from sealed, and will take in water.

• Like 3

I'm guessing that they are not JDM, but rather TDM (Thailand), seeing that they did not come with plugs.

Watch out, the hole where the wires go through are far from sealed, and will take in water.

You're right, they are Thai aftermarket. What can I do to better seal those holes?

• Like 1

One of the challenges for sealing those holes is that the light bulb contacts are spring loaded. When a bulb is inserted or removed, the wires move in and out slighly through the hole in the bulb base. If you seal it up without the bulb, it may be hard to get a bulb in place, and if you seal it up with something like silicone with the bulb in, you may slightly lose spring tension. So seal it in such a way the bulb contacts can still move. 

• Like 1