1984 Datsun 810

Hey guys, this is my first import car and I’m way out of my comfort zone. I’m pretty lost actually lol I’ve been trying to do some research on the car for parts and such but I’m not finding much. I really just want to lower her for now; coilovers or springs, just whatever I can get my hands on. If anyone has modified this year, or something similar and can give me some info that would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why your lost especially when the title said 1984 Datsun 810. The 810 only ran from 1977-1980. Just to make it easier look on the plate tag that is inside the engine bay you will see your 1984 Datsun is a 910 (maxima). Mostly kidding but it's a way to learn these cars were a little confusing when you get into them. When they ended the 810 and switched to the next model with different chassis (910) they still kept the 810 badging for whatever reason they called it Datsun 810 Maxima from 1981-1982 even though the car really is a Maxima.

I have a 1982 and a 1984 Maxima myself, my 84 has 240sx S13 coilovers front and back with 240sx control arms still kept maxima tie rods but you can use other Nissan cars suspension bits. The S13 coilovers were a direct bolt on, Datsun/Nissan really kept it pretty simple so a lot of parts cross over from new to old and old to new. Another member here did a maxima on Infiniti Q45 (Y33) coilovers which are similar to S13 240sx coilovers but with better spring rate.

IwjYDvp.jpg

h4SWFuu.jpg

TKRGhEn.jpg

gMdkvCq.jpg

• Like 1