1986 Nissan 720 base 2wd build

lugnut1009

New guy here. I bought a 1986 Nissan 720 base truck from the original owner. The passenger window falls off the track, after looking into it, one of the plastic window track clips are broken. Where can I find these at? Everywhere I look doesn't show them. I've found some for Toyotas and newer Nissans that look similar but says it won't fit.

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the best place is from another 720. It extremely unlikely that someone is making these items and selling them. Another idea is the Nissan dealer, a long shot, but they may be willing to check other dealers to see if they may have one sitting on a shelf somewhere. Both sides are the same part number 80320-W9000 and used through all years... about $10.

• Like 1

They fit pretty good! Only a little taller and the factory bolt worked perfect! I did have to snap off those little tips that hang down.

SUPER YOCOM, sorry just saw your comment. Thanks for the offer though. Now I have a spare for the drivers side if one fails. I wish i’d taken pictures...

On another topic (may need to start a new thread) anybody ever built their own door panels? Successfully?

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I kind of like the rusty look. We’ll see where we go from here. The interior is terrible, dash has deep cracks, door panels are torn up at the bottom, etc... odometer shows 195k miles. But still cranks and runs great. Need to replace all my vacuum lines.

• Like 2

Anybody have a link to what is needed to convert these AC systems over to R134A?  I've found the screw on adapters for the fittings, but what else?  I plan to also buy a kit to replace all the O-rings in the system and jump out the compressor to make sure it isn't locked up.

• Like 1

Replace your receiver dryer and then just fill the system. flush a solvent through the system to remove the old oils, then add an r134 compatible oil and fill the system with refrigerant (after vacuuming).

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 720 King Cab Killer said:

Hey lugnut did you ever replace all the o rings on your AC...What did you do Im in the same boat. My Compressor works its not locked up the power wire got snapped off so gotta re route power I think I found the wire for it lol....What did you change? What did you do? ….

Well I did it really cheap hurt to see if it would work, probably not recommended. But all I did was replace the dryer and all the o-rings except the ones on the compressor. I know I should have totally evacuated the system and replaced the oil in the compressor but I didn’t. I just charged it with cheap Walmart r134a refrigerant til it was cooling (didn’t take near what it was supposed to, compressor probably isn’t sealing well). I’m still running it with no problems yet. Now it won’t freeze me out,  but it will cool enough that I turn the fan down from time to time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1