Factory 510 wagon axle bearing and seal replacement

I looked all over, but sure not enough. Is there a blown up picture of the how the rear axle is suppose to be. Orientation of backing plate bearing and that collar. i am doing a disc brake conversion and it was apart already. Any help please. The rear end i have is the one with  the axle bearing sticking out a little of rear end housing. I was told there is different ones, can some one clarify please.

41400817704_50615f9fb9_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

27249620937_ded933cbd5_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

42074880852_1c114edf45_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

27250483497_c082583a5a_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That does not look to be the right bearing. It should only stick out a few thousandths, then you use the thin shims between the axle flange and the back of the backing plate to set end play. Since you are doing disc, you can either cut the plate to match the flange or have a new billet retainer plate made and have it chromed.  :D

• Like 1

That does not look to be the right bearing. It should only stick out a few thousandths, then you use the thin shims between the axle flange and the back of the backing plate to set end play. Since you are doing disc, you can either cut the plate to match the flange or have a new billet retainer plate made and have it chromed.  :D

Trucks, 521 disc brakes help thread, page 24 of 521's "disc brake help thread" page 3 post  60 should help you out

I’m not the only one though on the bearings hanging out that much.

And Rick are they the same as wagon.

Thanks guys also.