ka24e truck build

tgaydos

I'm looking for some good build threads on a ka24e from a 1992 d21. it's going into my 720 i'm just looking for the engine builds currently as i've found the swap threads, i will keep digging as well. thanks in advance. :) 

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you actually looking for?

Build instructions? Like how to rebuild a motor?

Most KAs you will find are really just stock. Not a lot of aftermarket support for the motor. Some companies make pistons, but that really does little to it.

You will find better tech info from a 240sx forum.

As asked already, you using a 240sx intake, ecu, and wiring?

I plan on using a car intake, ecu, and harness yes.

Looking to see what others may have done for builds to get ideas for mine.

I'm going to be building for turbo.

Port and polish, dished forged pistons to lower comp for turbo, you can muck about with a Z crank (Z22 I think?) And Z rods, bigger injectors, 2.25-2.5 exhaust unless you want to go bigger, remap ECU a turbo cam can help say if your running 25 psi of boost a turbo cam may allow you to make the same power at 22 PSI. It really depends on how much money you desire to spend, look at the KA section on the Nismo forum. To run 5 lbs of boost you won't have to change too much, to run 13+ you will have to do some work if your not building a grenade. Some people say they can run up to 20 on stock internals but it's a bit of a roulette as you don't know because of the variances in unopened stock bottom ends. Really just look at the KA section of the Nismo forums I have been reading there lately and they explain things waaaaay better than I ever could and they are probably not wrong while I often am.

• Like 1

SR20DET should already come with the turbo, unless they are only selling the block...

Dollar per dollar, the KA/T will make more power.

Being a single cam, less aftermarket parts out there though.

I'm more wondering how able OP will be to build, afford, then tune a KA...and how much power do you really need in a Datsun anyways?

GLWS.

• Like 1

i think i may have decided to just run a stock rebuild on it, maybe raise compression a touch but idk about that part just yet. run the piss out of it and maybe down the line sr swap or turbo build if i'm not satisfied with what i've got. 

i think i may have decided to just run a stock rebuild on it, maybe raise compression a touch but idk about that part just yet. run the piss out of it and maybe down the line sr swap or turbo build if i'm not satisfied with what i've got.

This will be cheapest, hey you could just throw in a stock one and then build a hoped up one in your spare time on the side, this will keep your Datsun on the road more so you won't lose interest (hey it happens to all of us) plus it's cheaper to just buy parts slower cause you can keep eyes out for better deals.

• Like 1