33 replies to this topic

#21 Troy Fodor

Troy Fodor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cars:510 wagon

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Yea I got 3 new injectors. But still having start up problems. So now I think timing is issue. But I got it to start n idle fine. Sounds ok. Still need to get knock sensor & intake Tube

#22 Troy Fodor

Troy Fodor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

The only code I’m getting is 34 which is Knock sensor.

#23 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,062 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC, 1973 610 Goon.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Might be the ECU, we chased a spark issue for hours and hours on one of our local guys KA swap and the next day he plugged in another ECU and fired right up, I highly recommend trying another working ECU before you continue to shoot in the dark, might be that simple, once you eliminate the ECU as a cause then it is easier to move on.

Also, everything needs to be plugged in or the ECU will get codes and not run correctly.

#24 FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Cars:74 620/KA24DE & 2015 SRT392

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:40 AM

"Still need to get knock sensor & intake Tube "...

.....That "intake tube" is important to the operation of everything. The IACV needs metered air after the MAF for the engine to run correctly. Leaks in the intake will make it run like cr@p. Try some spray carb or MAF cleaner in the IACV also. Knock Sensor is $40 on rockauto.com FYI...

Proper Capitalization is the difference between: I helped my Uncle jack off a horse and I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse. 

#25 hosestop@msn.com

hosestop@msn.com

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Cars:510 blk 4drsr,65fairlady510 wag24de521na,56delivy56 Ford truck,

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

Why only one inj, troy check that the other three from ECM are hooked up. This was a running motor right ?

#26 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsunahaulic

• 10,062 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

It's pointless if he still has vital parts missing/disconnected, these motors need everything hooked up, or it'll spit codes.

#27 Troy Fodor

Troy Fodor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

All other injectors were clogged. 35$ For new I said fuck it n got new ones ..

Why only one inj, troy check that the other three from ECM are hooked up. This was a running motor right ?

#28 Troy Fodor

Troy Fodor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:59 AM

I changed the ECU, same thing. I have spark. I feel I’m having a Fuel issue. Only code both ECUs were giving was Knock Sensor. Changed it out. I’ve tried having MAF hooked up n unhooked. Still won’t start, unless I spray Carb cleaner. Once I start it she idles fine.

Might be the ECU, we chased a spark issue for hours and hours on one of our local guys KA swap and the next day he plugged in another ECU and fired right up, I highly recommend trying another working ECU before you continue to shoot in the dark, might be that simple, once you eliminate the ECU as a cause then it is easier to move on.

Also, everything needs to be plugged in or the ECU will get codes and not run correctly.

#29 Troy Fodor

Troy Fodor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

Yea it is important but still won’t start wit or without.. n I just got a knock sensor n installed it

"Still need to get knock sensor & intake Tube "...

.....That "intake tube" is important to the operation of everything. The IACV needs metered air after the MAF for the engine to run correctly. Leaks in the intake will make it run like cr@p. Try some spray carb or MAF cleaner in the IACV also. Knock Sensor is $40 on rockauto.com FYI...

#30 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsunahaulic

• 10,062 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

Did you bleed the fuel line before plugging it to the fuel rail?, That's important also to get all the air out, pull the line from the rail and turn the ignition on so that the pump runs (without cranking the engine), once you verify you got gas coming, plug it to the rail, also make sure you have it in the correct side of the rail, one is return (the one with the valve)

#31 Troy Fodor

Troy Fodor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

I have done that. Seems like if I’m not getting enough fuel. Yes I have them on the right side.

Did you bleed the fuel line before plugging it to the fuel rail?, That's important also to get all the air out, pull the line from the rail and turn the ignition on so that the pump runs (without cranking the engine), once you verify you got gas coming, plug it to the rail, also make sure you have it in the correct side of the rail, one is return (the one with the valve)

#32 Stoffregen Motorsports

Stoffregen Motorsports

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts
  • Cars:http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/features/rover/0611_4wd_1957_range_rover/viewall.html

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

So you can't get it to fire on it's own, but once you get it started on carb spray, it stays running?

Spitballing here... ignitor, crank sensor, cam sensor, circuit opening relay, MAF, MAP... all of these could relate to that problem. Don't know if the DE has all of this, but if one of hese is wired wrong, it may do what you're describing.

#33 Icehouse

Icehouse

wolf man

• User Administrator
  • 5,779 posts
  • Cars:57 VW SC - 59 210 - 64 VW camper - 2 68 510 2 dr - 70 bluebird coupe - 3 71 510 2 drs - 73 1200 ute

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

Did you hook up the orange wire?  

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb."    Sam

#34 kelowg

kelowg

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • Cars:70 521 ka24e

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

^^^^^^