1991 Ka24de Can am Wiring Help.

Troy Fodor

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed the ECU, same thing. I have spark. I feel I’m having a Fuel issue. Only code both ECUs were giving was Knock Sensor. Changed it out. I’ve tried having MAF hooked up n unhooked. Still won’t start, unless I spray Carb cleaner. Once I start it she idles fine.

Might be the ECU, we chased a spark issue for hours and hours on one of our local guys KA swap and the next day he plugged in another ECU and fired right up, I highly recommend trying another working ECU before you continue to shoot in the dark, might be that simple, once you eliminate the ECU as a cause then it is easier to move on.

Also, everything needs to be plugged in or the ECU will get codes and not run correctly.

Yea it is important but still won’t start wit or without.. n I just got a knock sensor n installed it

"Still need to get knock sensor & intake Tube "...

.....That "intake tube" is important to the operation of everything. The IACV needs metered air after the MAF for the engine to run correctly. Leaks in the intake will make it run like cr@p. Try some spray carb or MAF cleaner in the IACV also. Knock Sensor is $40 on rockauto.com FYI...

Did you bleed the fuel line before plugging it to the fuel rail?, That's important also to get all the air out, pull the line from the rail and turn the ignition on so that the pump runs (without cranking the engine), once you verify you got gas coming, plug it to the rail, also make sure you have it in the correct side of the rail, one is return (the one with the valve)

I have done that. Seems like if I’m not getting enough fuel. Yes I have them on the right side.

Did you bleed the fuel line before plugging it to the fuel rail?, That's important also to get all the air out, pull the line from the rail and turn the ignition on so that the pump runs (without cranking the engine), once you verify you got gas coming, plug it to the rail, also make sure you have it in the correct side of the rail, one is return (the one with the valve)

So you can't get it to fire on it's own, but once you get it started on carb spray, it stays running?

Spitballing here... ignitor, crank sensor, cam sensor, circuit opening relay, MAF, MAP... all of these could relate to that problem. Don't know if the DE has all of this, but if one of hese is wired wrong, it may do what you're describing.

• Like 1