dash cover

silroc

Has anyone bought one of the "Dashtop" dash covers from Palco Industries?

I think it is more of a hard shell instead of the cushioned type.

Also, for some reason the search function for this site stopped working for me - any suggestions? If I get that fixed it might save me from asking the same old questions!

Thanks much

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a guy in Chula Vista who just put one in a 620 and the pictures look fantastic. He use to put them in Z’s back in the day. The prob with the 620 caps is what Red13 said...making it fit, and the texture doesn’t match the glove box door, ash tray, and areas it doesn’t cover. So you have to spray the old and new plastic with wrinkle paint or bed liner to make it all look even. And then the air vents look a bit tunnel like. Not exact or perfect by any means, but a grand improvement over multiple cracks and missing dash chunks, if you’re not good with bondo/filler and are impatient with raw materials...like me.

• Like 1

I bought one, gave it away and fixed my own dash, use fiberglass (Bondo will crack with temperature fluctuations), sand, apply latex outdoor paint, apply with foam roller to achieve texture, there are many YouTube tutorials that you can watch.

• Like 1

I have Zero problems with my hard plastic dash cap, except after 12 years of Texas sun, it has now cracked.

Not bad for the $100 to my door that I paid for it.

I'm just gong to pick up another, and do it again.

What I did originally was grind down the high spots on the OEM dash, so the cap would sit down nicely.

Then put a bunch of silicone sealer lines all over the OEM piece, push the cap down into it, and weighted, & wedged the cap in place until the silicone set up.

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if "Steroid" (steroid620@yahoo.com) is still around?  Looks like he was making a nice FG replacement dash some time ago.  But it seems he's not been active here in the forum for sometime.  I'd love to get ahold of one of those dashes (or the molds if he's not interested in them anymore).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Newbie here, first post.  Thanks to everyone who maintains this site and those who contribute to the useful info!  I'm a '73MY/'72PY 620, automatic, no clue how original anything on it is.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  Good looking out.  I appreciate the input.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

As a side note, its a shame to hear the news.  It's never good to hear when someone with such great talent, ability, and passion gets caught up in the web

• Like 1