Alignment issues on 510

I doubt it. That whole structure is boxed in where it mounts the rear crossmember. I think there's some variance in the control arm lengths from the factory or between years. Maybe one control arm as damaged and replaced with a different year. I have a feeling that's why mine was so far off on both sides.

• Like 3
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 10 bucks the arm is bent.  Our racecar was originally a circle track car.  They did the somewhat common "torch" alignment. To set it back up for road coarse we had to max out Byron's brackets.  We had to settle with 4 degrees of camber and 1/4" of total toe in.  Next season we will need to pull those out and get some good ones.  

Here is our racecars caster seen with the fender off.  

l2cYrnn.jpg

• Like 1

Here are were the brackets are currently set:

Drivers side... I SEE DAYLIGHT!!!     I'll adjust that promptly and recheck once I get the alignment tools. I hope that will squeek out +0.25*. There is a good chance.

Still doesn't mean the arm isn't bent.. just means that there might be enough adjustment to correct.

20180504_202859.jpg
20180504_202907.jpg

Passenger side. Currently set to positive toe in this config to reduce total toe, and tire wear.
20180504_202917.jpg
20180504_202934.jpg