Fordsun

Ger-Bear

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost positive the 260 have a different bellhousing bolt pattern and starter position than later ( 65+) 289/302..  Because of this you will have a VERY hard time finding any bellhousings or adapters or cheap parts for it.. Or parts in general really ,,

If i was using a windsor i wouldn't use a 260 unless i was installing it in pre 64 Ford that only needed an engine. 

• Like 2

You've got one laying around. The worst reason for a swap. There are lighter newer swaps with parts support. I have a 1982 kingcab 4x4 with ka swap. No speed demon but with 31s keeps up with modern traffic. Close to bolt in but like another post you need the motor and at least 2k cash to finish.

• Like 2

The only good just because you have it laying around swap is a KA in a Datsun or a V8 in a S10, this doesn't strike me as a good idea but you do you man if you think it will be cool and have lots of money time and Fab skills you could put anything in there. And I mean lots and lots of time, money, and Fab skills.

• Like 2

Any engine can go in any vehicle within reason, it’s just a matter of fabrication. My pop and I shoved a tbird turbo drivetrain under a ‘70 mgb with 15 lbs boost, lots of fab work, but fun as hell.

• Like 1

Well there's the sound. You can't imitate a V8 with a KA.... and one more thing is the starting torque from the increased displacement. Oh I just noticed it's a 4x4... that will make this much harder than it needs to be.

• Like 4