SR20DET for 620 vs 510

Jalj47

I hate to sound like a d!ck, but I can't help but think if he needed to post here to get commonly available information (Google), the rest of the install is going to be a huge problem. I foresee another 620 chassis and SR20 being parted out in Bakersfield in the coming future. There's certainly no shortage of these "packages" for sale on facebook and craigslist. I think people don't do enough research or overestimating their abilities before jumping in. And those who do manage to actually get them running, so many I've seen are total hack jobs and sold for various reasons with text something like "runs great but needs tuning" or "extra block included."

I hate to agree with you, as long as this guy has determination it will work, but peoples failed projects are great places for spare parts.

• Like 2
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to sound like a d!ck, but I can't help but think if he needed to post here to get commonly available information (Google), the rest of the install is going to be a huge problem. I foresee another 620 chassis and SR20 being parted out in Bakersfield in the coming future. There's certainly no shortage of these "packages" for sale on facebook and craigslist. I think people don't do enough research or overestimating their abilities before jumping in. And those who do manage to actually get them running, so many I've seen are total hack jobs and sold for various reasons with text something like "runs great but needs tuning" or "extra block included."

Or you could say the same thing without any hint of dick.

First, talk to him directly instead of talking shit about the OP in the third person... on his thread.

I agree that having the ability to do your own research is a HUGE factor in potential success of any project. In stead of condemning his project to failure and circling it like vultures, maybe simply say "Hey Jalj47, Dude, I suggest you start researching what others have done. You can use the search tool here, or hit Google. Having a clear plan is the best way to start any project."

I hate to sound like a pussy, but I can't help but think if a newb gets support in doing it right, he's got a much better chance in not creating "yet another total hack job". Shit on him for asking a uninformed question, and he'll stop asking for our sage advice.

• Like 5

Agreed, that's why I went out of my way to post pictures of what I did for the tranny cross member, hopefully it'll give him encouraging input so that it doesn't impead him from advancing, there's always obsticles, but none can't be overcome, I know I had a ton in my KA620 since I also used a single cab chassis for a king cab, but I wanted the disc brakes so I took it on :thumbup:

• Like 3